International Organization for Migration IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Ethics and Conduct Office (ECO) was created in 2014 to professionalize and systematize the intake, coordination and preventive processes related to ethics and conduct in IOM. ECO is responsible for dealing with administrative procedures and policies covered by the IOM Standards of Conduct and providing counsel to the Administration and staff members about ethics and standards of conduct.
The Intern will work under the direct guidance and supervision of the Ethics and Conduct Officer, with overall direction from the Head of the Ethics and Conduct Office.
Under the supervision of the Ethics and Conduct Officer, the Intern will assist in specified ongoing tasks. The Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Assist ECO with uploading data, keeping up to date, monitoring usage, suggesting improvements in and providing reports on ECO’s multiple case management and tracking systems.
2. Assist in maintaining and developing the ECO webpage.
3. Assist ECO in the roll-out and implementation of training, as needed.
4. Translate, proofread and format documents, including those that contain sensitive or confidential information.
5. Conduct research on topics related to ECO’s mandate and responsibilities, as directed.
6. Assist in drafting and updating ECO-related documents, policy and procedures.
7. Perform such other duties as may be requested.
IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs; please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying
- University degree, preferably in law, from an accredited academic institution; master’s degree is an advantage.
- Experience with or knowledge of UN or NGO-type organizations is an advantage
- Excellent computer literacy, especially database tools • Good analytical and drafting skills; resourcefulness, initiative
- Proven experience in drafting reports and internal I external documents
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to grasp and understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines in accordance with instructions and guidelines
- Experience of working in sensitive environments and with confidential information and processes
- Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 10 April 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Application Deadline: April 10, 2017