Application is currently ongoing for ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships for Students in Switzerland. The Postdoctoral Scholarships provide support for prospective fellowship for postdoctoral researchers to study in Switzerland. International postdoctoral students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- About ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships for Students in Switzerland
About ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships for Students in Switzerland
ETH Zurich is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland. The program aims at fostering high-potential, young researchers who demonstrate excellence in competitive achievements at the early stages of their professional careers.
Level/Field of study
Host Nationality for ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Fellowships for Students in Switzerland
The ETH Zurich Postdoctoral Scholarship is hosted in Switzerland.
International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
|Year||Gross salary||Total rates|
|First-year||kCHF 86.80||kCHF 100.3|
|Second-year||kCHF 91.15||kCHF 105.3|
|Total||kCHF 177.95||kCHF 205.6|
The employer (ETH Zurich) will pay the total rates above which is the 15.5 % social security overhead for budgeting. Successful ETH Fellows will receive kCHF 12 annually for research expenses including travel/mobility allowances and research costs contributions.
The ETH Fellows are to start their fellowship, at the latest six months after submission of the application, if the application is successful.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate requires the following:
- A doctoral degree from any other institution except ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich within two years of the submission deadline.
- At the time of the relevant submission deadline, researchers must also not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) at either of the two institutions for more than six months prior to the reference date.
- The applicant should have at least one scientific publication in a peer-reviewed journal or receive a prize for their doctoral thesis. Not complying with the eligibility criteria can lead to the rejection of the application on formal grounds.
- The ETH Fellows are to start their fellowship at the latest six months after the submission of the application. If they cannot adhere to this set date, they must obtain approval for a later start at the Office of Research.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Applicants are to submit all requirements electronically using the online system.
For more information, check the details of submission instructions (PDF, 363 KB)on the ETH Fellows Help Page.
The deadline for submission falls on March 1 and September 1, annually
- ETH Zurich International Masters Scholarships
- William P. Heidrich International Research Fellowships in USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Applicants in France
- MaxPo Doctoral Fellowships for International Students in Germany
- University of Oxford-THIS Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships for Students in UK
- APEX Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in Ireland
- 10 Best Universities in Switzerland | UPDATED
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. If no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.