The European Space Agency (ESA) is seeking applicants to apply for its Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Programme for two years. Nationals of the ESA Member States and the European Cooperating States are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
ESA’s postdoctoral Internal Research Fellowship programme (RIRF) aims to offer young scientists and engineers the possibility for two years to carry out research in a variety of disciplines related to space science, space applications or space technology.
The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in a variety of disciplines related to space science, space applications or space technology.
Scholarship Award: Contracts are for two years. ESA will provide: as of January 2017, the remuneration (or ‘take-home pay’) for a single expatriate Research Fellow will range from €3,000 to €3,800 per month depending on the location of the ESA Establishment.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Paris, France
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applications are accepted from nationals of the ESA Member States and the European Cooperating States, together with Canada which has a cooperation agreement with ESA (see links on the right for details).
- Applicants must have recently completed their PhD in a field closely connected to space activities.
Nationality: Nationals of the ESA Member States and the European Cooperating States are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The national bodies responsible for space in these countries sit on ESA’s governing Council: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via the ESA online application form available in the ‘how to apply’ section of the opportunity. A cover letter, CV, and list of publications, with bibliographical references, should accompany the application, in one document (Word or PDF format). Each of the three referees named in the application form should send a reference letter to temp.htr-at-esa.int. No application sent after the closing date will be accepted.
- Contact your professor on existing NPI cooperations to accommodate your PhD project
- Alternatively, contact our ESA NPI advisors Joerg Wehner (Space Segment related initiatives, [email protected]) and Reinhold Bertrand (Ground Segment related initiatives Reinhold.Bertrand-at-esa.int)
- Together with your professor and the respective ESA department, complete the online application form
- Submit your application to our ESA NPI advisors
Application Deadline: Fellowship is open for the academic year 2017-2018.