SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are now been accepted for the Ernst Mach Research Grants Program 2018/2019, eligible persons are to apply for this priogram.
The Ernst Mach Grants are named after the famous Austrian physicist and philosopher Ernst Mach (1838-1916). The grant program is financed by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW). Students and young researchers from foreign universities are invited to apply for this grant to come to Austria for a research or a study stay. Every year a board of representatives of the Austrian Ministry awards the Ernst Mach Grants based on the results of an expert examination procedure. Age limit for this grant program is 35 years at the time of the application.
Level: Research grants
Maximum age: 35 years (born on or after Oct. 1st, 1982).
Language skills: Very good knowledge of English and/or German
The scholarship will only be granted for projects that can be completed within the scholarship period (max. 9 months).
Supplementary grant, own funds are required
1) Monthly grant rate
a) for graduates: 1.050 EUR
b) for graduates with a PhD degree: 1.150 EUR
2) Accommodation, health insurance
a) It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are:
· monthly rent: 220 to 480 EUR (depending on the amenities)
· monthly administrative fee: 18 EUR
b) OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health).
Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves.
3) Scholarship holders are exempted from paying tuition fees.
4) Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. 1.000 EUR. This subsidy can cover (parts of) travel expenses to Austria as well as to Austrian representative authorities outside the home country.
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application at www.scholarships.at:
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers (for these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must not be older than six months at the time of application.)
- Consent of a lecturer at the Austrian target university to supervise the applicant academically
- Scanned copy of your passport (page with the name and photo)
- Scanned copy of your university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies
- only for PHD-students: confirmation, that proves your participation in a PHD-program at your home university
- only for postdoc-lecturers: confirmation that proves your employment at your home university
• Applicants who seek admission to an university in Austria have to contact the institution of their choice directly.
• Short-term grants (1 to 3 months) have a priority in the period from January to June. In other cases problems can arise as regards accommodation. When applying for a short-term grant therefore consideration should be given to applying primarily for the period of January to June.
• The selection process for all grants for Austria is competitive, i.e. there is no legal claim to a grant even if all application requirements are fulfilled.
• Applicants should consider and explicitly agree that the personal details in the application will be shared with the authority dealing with their application and the contractual exchange partners as well as with other authorities awarding grants in Austria (§ 1 of the Data Protection Act, Federal Law Gazette of the Republic of Austria No. 165/1999, as amended).
Application Deadline: March 1st 2018
For More Information: