The German NGO, Dreilinden with ISS is currently making available scholarships at Erasmus University-ISS-Dreilinden Scholarship for LGBTI Activists in Netherlands, 2018, to pursue MA programme in the University, Netherlands.
Successful applicants will participate in the 2018/2019 ISS MA Programme in Development Studies, major Social Policy for Development (SPD).
It is for those wishing to start or continue their professional careers in the area of development.
International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) is an international graduate school of policy-oriented critical social science in the Hague, Netherlands. It brings together students and teachers from the Global South and the North in a European environment.
Offers are available to pursue MA programme.
Field of study:
Scholarships are for the fields in Development Studies, major Social Policy for Development (SPD).
Benefits covers all expenditures, including the fee, travel, lodging, and meals, for the whole 15.5 month study period.
International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University invites applications on the following three topics: How
- are inequalities based on sexuality (re)produce in school, the labour market, and the institutions (laws, social norms) that govern these spheres of life?
- do ‘western’ identity categories (LGBT) relate to the actual experiences and identities of people in different parts of the world, including migrants, in relation to sexuality, and what (problematic) effects do they have, what are the conditions of inclusion (and who has the power to define those).
- is sexual diversity understood (or not) in development policy and how does that change local discourses on sexuality or does it influence social movements around sexual diversity?
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Eligible applicants are nationals of a developing or transition country.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Eligible applicants are nationals of a developing or transition country and have a document background in work for human/labour rights for LGBTI persons and/or social movements for sexual diversity.
|Academic background||Bachelors degree in one of the social sciences or equivalent, comprising at least three years studies.|
Applicants must have at least class 2.2 (Lower Second), B or equivalent, but preferably class 2.1 (Upper Second), B+ or equivalent.
|Work experience||Professional experience relevant to the Major which the applicant wishes to study is a preference for admission.|
|Knowledge of English|| TOEFL score:|
Please note that we do not accept TOEFL ITP.
|Other||Applicants from India with a BA degree from a four or five star university, as determine by the NAAC are admissible. Other Indian applicants, as well as applicants from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Pakistan are to have an MA degree.|
15th April 2018
Apply to the ISS MA programme, only when you receive admission into the ISS, in the major Social Policy for Development. You can send in your application for the Dreilinden Fellowship to Dr Wendy Harcourt, via e-mail at [email protected]
Your application should consist of the following three elements:
- motivation letter, engaging with one or more of the three topics.
- your CV
- the admission letter for the 2018-2019 MA programme (SPD) from the ISS
Please ensure that you provide evidence of your own LGBTI activism, because that is a requirement of the scholarship
You can begin the application by clicking on Scholarship Link
To access other opportunities, click Masters Scholarships