SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The new International Master SERP-Chem Scholarship is now available for the duration of two years. Erasmus Mundus scholarships will be awarded to both European and non-European students.
The Master SERP-Chem aims at training young students in the most performing experimental and theoretical tools used and developed in chemistry and physical-chemistry and Material Science.
Since its creation in 2008, the SERP-Chem master has benefited from the support of many partners. Click on the following link to visit our partners. This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
What You Need To Know About The Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Master Scholarships
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme. The International Master SERP-Chem is a two-year programme in Surface, Electro, Radiation, and Photo-Chemistry with elements of Management, Business, Innovation and Valorisation, Communication and Patent law.
Scholarship can be taken in This international study programme stems from existing scientific links between participating institutions.
Students enrolled in the two-year programme will attend lectures in at least two different countries of their choice:
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Available for all nationalities.If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
|Category A scholarship||Category B scholarship|
|I – Contribution to travel, installation, visa and related costs||2000? per year for travel costs + 1000 ? for installation costs for students whose location is situated at less than 4.000km from the coordinating university (Paris)|
3000 ? per year for travel costs + 1000 ? for installation costs for students whose location is situated at 4.000km or more from the coordinating university
|II – Contribution to tuition fees||4 800€/year||2 500€/year|
|III – Monthly allowance||1 000€/month||1 000€/month|
|Total amount for 2 years||From 39 600€ to 41 600€||31 000€|
Please note that no bank transfer will be made until the student arrives at the first host university. The students will be helped to set up a new bank account in France or in Italy. Category A scholarship holders will receive after arrival the contribution to travel and installation.
Note that the number of applications is limited to three Erasmus Mundus Joint Programmes. Students who do not respect this rule will be excluded from the selection for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Master Scholarships Eligibility
Eligible Countries: Erasmus Mundus scholarships will be awarded to both European and non-European students. The number of scholarships offered will be defined on a yearly basis.
Category B scholarships are awarded to:
- Students who are nationals of any EU member state
- Students who are nationals from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, and Macedonia
- Students who have resided or carried out their main activities (studies, work, etc.) in any of the above mentioned countries for more than 12 months over the past five years
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants should have or should be in process to get a Bachelor (BS) degree at the time of the application. The proof of the Bachelor degree (diploma or certificate) will be asked when entering the master in September. An applicant with a degree from an institution where the language of instruction is not English is required to provide official score reports from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Other criteria to be taken into account are awards and external references. If submitted before the deadline your application for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship is automatically proceeded together with the admission. Application to the SERP-Chem programme after the deadline of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is possible for applicants self financed.
Please note that students already holding a master degree can be accepted in the second year of the master at the University of Paris-Sud.
The criteria and respective weights are the following:
- 50%: academic workloads (including appropriateness of the curriculum (and diploma) to the present Master, marks and grade in studies),
- 10%: home institution ranking (Shanghai ranking and/or CHE),
- 10%: English,
- 10%: recommendation of professionals,
- 10%: motivation letter,
- 10%: professional experience.
English Language Requirements: An applicant with a degree from an institution where the language of instruction is not English is required to provide official score reports from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Other criteria to be taken into account are awards and external references.
Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Master Scholarships Application Procedure:
To apply to the SERP+ programme please enter your email address in the box below and press the submit button. You will received and email from us containing a link to follow in order to fill all the required information for the registration to the SERP+ programme. You will have the opportunity to come back at any time to complete, submit or check the status of your registration.
All documents must be in English. Only certified translations will be accepted. All documents translated to English must come with a copy of the original document. Original transcripts of records and degree certificates in French, Italian, Portuguese and Polish can be accepted.
All documents must be uploaded as a PDF file.
All documents must be uploaded through the online application form. Documents cannot be sent by post or email.
During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following information:
- Your CV (2 pages maximum) as a PDF file
- A cover letter (motivation letter, 2 pages maximum) as PDF file
- Your grades as PDF file. Upload your grades since the first year of your Bachelor studies(including an explanation of the grading system used at your university). Only official, signed and stamped transcripts of records will be taken into consideration. Student copies or any other non-official documents will be disregarded. If you already hold a Master degree, please upload the grades that you have obtained during both your Bachelor and your Master degrees.
- Bachelor or Master degree diploma/certificate as PDF file(if you already obtained it)
- Passport (or identity card for students from the European Union) as PDF file
- Proof of your place of residency as PDF file. This can be a certificate from your place of study (e.g. student card), work (e.g. contract), or a residence certificate in accordance with your municipality registration, issued less that 12 months before the application deadline.
- Proof of english proficiency
Please note that an applicant from an institution where the language of instruction is English is not required to provide any official test results. In that case, you must upload a document certifying it (transcript of records, letter of your institution, etc.). In all other cases, the applicant must provide one of the following tests:
- Paper Based Test: 550 or higher
- Computer Based Test: 213 or higher
- Internet Based Test: 82 or higher
- IELTS: 6.0 points or higher
- Cambridge Certificates: Cambridge English First (FCE), Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE). If you have any doubt, please contact us before applying.
If you have any doubt, please contact us before applying.
- Recommendation letter on letterhead paper and hand signed(optional)
- Contact details of a referee. This referee must be able to evaluate your scientific knowledge(e.g. professor or internship supervisor). The SERP+ office will contact him/her in order to request a recommendation letter. This is your responsibility to ensure that your referee will answer our request on time. In addition, please note that the referee must have a valid institutional email address. All Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail email addresses will be disregarded. As soon as the status of your application is “Checked”, this means that an email has been sent to your referee. If he/she has not received anything, your referee needs to check the spam box and will have 2 weeks to submit a recommendation in your favour.
Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Master Scholarships Application Deadline:
The application deadlines are: February 15, 2019