SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Michelin North America, Inc. (“Michelin”) is currently accepting Entries for the Fully Funded Michelin Challenge Design In USA 2019, Interested persons are by this notice invited to apply but are advised to comply with the eligibility criteria on submission.
Michelin Challenge Design invites you to design a vehicle for the year 2025 that becomes a classic and defines, or represents, this transitional era in automotive design and technology and will win the Michelin Concours d’Elegance 2050. Your design may feature an established brand, or one currently unknown, and is either among the first to feature innovative elements and characteristics, or perhaps the last to utilize certain technologies.
Value of Contest:
- Roundtrip coach airfare to Detroit to attend 2019 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS-Detroit) for the sole designer or, in the case of a team design, one team representative. Michelin will book the airfare on your behalf; any guests will be at your expense.
- Up to Five (5*) nights hotel accommodations in Detroit for NAIAS, including hotel internet service, room rate and taxes at a Michelin-selected hotel. You will be responsible for all other incidentals, and the hotel will ask for a credit card to cover any charges other than room, internet, and taxes.**
- Michelin-arranged transportation from Detroit Metro Airport to Detroit hotel upon arrival and from Detroit hotel to Detroit Metro Airport at departure***
- Travel Visa: If required and you provide Michelin with your receipt, Michelin will reimburse you the expense. This does not apply to passport fees.
- Daily per diem of $50.00 USD/day* (maximum of $250.00 USD) for meals and miscellaneous expenses, available for you at check in to your hotel in the form of a VISA® gift card.
- Entry credentials for Press Days and Industry Preview days at NAIAS (January 2019)
- Invitation to attend and recognition at the private Michelin Designer’s Reception – the Monday night during press days at NAIAS – highlighted by the exposure to NAIAS, media, designers and other winners.
- Private Portfolio Review with some members of the Michelin Challenge Design Jury
- Recognition on www.michelinchallengedesign.com web site
- Recognition on www.cardesignnews.com web site
- Inclusion in Michelin Challenge Design promotional materials and events throughout the year
- Invitation to join a new Michelin Challenge Design Alumni website
- Michelin Challenge Design may also recognize a select number of entries for Honorable Mention which will be publicized on the Michelin Challenge Design and Car Design News web sites.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Online, Detroit, USA
- OEM design studios
- Independent design studios
- Individual designers
- Academic Transportation Design students and teams
- Automotive suppliers
- Michelin Challenge Design is open to residents of any country. Parents or legal guardians of entrants less than the age of majority in their state, province or country must sign the MCD Questionnaire and the MCD Entry Form. Michelin Challenge Design is void where prohibited by law. All entries for the Michelin Challenge Design must be received by August 1 of the previous year.
- Employees of Michelin, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, distributors, suppliers, agents, representatives, advertising, promotional or judging agencies, authorized Michelin tire dealers and distributors, and their immediate family members and those living in the same household, or anyone working on this project, are not eligible to participate.
- By participating you agree to be bound by the Rules and Procedures of this challenge and by the decisions of the Michelin Challenge Design Jury and of Michelin, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Any entries or displays may be withdrawn or declined for any reason at any time.
- Entrants must include all data and information and fulfill all requirements as required by the Michelin Challenge Design Rules and Procedures and Entry Form in order for the entry to be valid. Entrants must provide all data and information that is accurate and complete. If more than one person designed an entry, all designer names must appear on the “Designer(s) Name(s)” portion of the Michelin Challenge Design Entry Form.
- Student designers who are working with an engineering department, at a university, are required to take the lead role in the development of any submitted work. This means that the designer has final say to all technical questions that will have an impact on the functional and aesthetic result of the design work.
Your entry should clearly present the compelling visual story behind your vehicle. What makes it distinct and collectible? What makes it a classic? Does it stand as the pinnacle of 140 years of vehicle design or signal a complete break with the past?
- Future Classic
How to Apply:
- No purchase necessary to participate.
- Completed entries will be accepted via Mail, Fax or Internet.
- For Internet entries, visit http://www.michelinchallengedesign.com and complete and submit the online Michelin Challenge Design Entry Form with all accompanying required materials.
- For mail entries, visit http://www.michelinchallengedesign.com and complete and print the Michelin Challenge Design Entry Form PDF file and mail it to: Michelin Challenge Design, c/o Event Management Corp., 3150 Livernois, Suite # 175, Troy, MI 48083
- For fax entries, visit http://www.michelinchallengedesign.com and complete and print the Michelin Challenge Design Entry Form PDF file and fax it and all accompanying required materials to 248-687-7507
- Entry forms must be accompanied by photographs, drawings and/or computer-generated images.
- Incomplete entry forms are subject to disqualification.
Application Deadline: 1st March, 2018