Opportunities are ongoing for the Employment-Based Postgraduate Scholarship Program offered by The Higher Education Authority. The Scholarships are available for suitably qualified international students to carry out research leading to a postgraduate qualification in any discipline, granted by an eligible HEI within Ireland.
The mission of the Higher Education Authority in the Irish Research Council is to enable and sustain a vibrant research community in Ireland by supporting excellent researchers in all disciplines from arts to zoology.
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is the statutory policy-advisory body for higher education in Ireland. The authority has a statutory responsibility, at the central government level, for the effective governance and regulation of higher education institutions and the higher education system.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
- What You Need To Know About Higher Education Authority
- Editor’s Recommendations
What You Need To Know About Higher Education Authority
Level/ Field of Study
Scholarships are available for those pursuing postgraduate programs. Offers are given to study the subjects offered by the university.
This Employment-Based Scholarship is hosted by the Higher Education Authority and can be taken in Ireland.
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
Employment-Based Scholarship 2021 is available for international students.
Aside from the Employment-Based Scholarship by the Higher Education Authority, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The total value of the Employment-Based Programme Scholarship will be up to a maximum of €24,000 in any approved year for the duration of the Scholarship and will consist of the following:
- A contribution of €16,000 to the employment of the Scholar.
- A contribution of up to a maximum of €5,750 to Scholarship fees (including non-EU Scholarship fees).
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum to enable the scholar to carry out the research project.
Eligibility for Employment-Based Scholarship 2021
Scholars must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must apply only once to the Scheme and at the time of application.
- Be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council Funding.
- have been formally a prospective student of the relevant department/school by, at the latest, 1st October 2021.
- must fulfill the criteria of the registration of the degree.
- In the case of Research Masters Scholarships, applicants must not be currently holding or having previously held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Degree Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a Research Masters Degree.
Scholars from any country may hold a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
However, Scholars must:
- Maintain her/his principal residence in Ireland during the period of the Scholarship.
- Satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their HEI and Employment Partner with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU). This must be available in advance of signing a contract with the IRC.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be in English.
How to Apply for Employment-Based Scholarship 2021
Applications (including an academic supervisor, employment mentor, and referee forms) will only be through the online application system.
Employment-Based Scholarship 2021 Application Deadline
Updates on deadline will be communicated shortly, please stay tuned
- Milliman Opportunity Scholarship 2021
- 25 Scholarships for International students in Ireland 2021
- SFI Industry Fellowship for Research in Ireland 2021
- Irish American Home Scholarship 2021
- Undergraduate Scholarships program at UCD in Ireland
- Central Bank of Irish Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
- Fully Funded PhD Fellowship for International Students in TCD, Ireland