A call for Nomination for the Emirates Appreciation Award for the Environment EAAE 2017 is currently ongoing. In light of the UAE VISION 2021 launched by H.H. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, the Emirates Appreciation Award for the Environment (EAAE) was founded by H.H. Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai – Patron of the Zayed International Foundation for the Environment, to recognize and honor individual, institutional and corporate initiatives and practices that promote the values of sustainable living in the UAE and contribute to the implementation of the UAE Green Development Strategy.
Objectives of the Award
- To recognize and promote pioneering contributions in the field of the environment and sustainable development across all sectors of United Arab Emirates society.
- To support and encourage individual and collective national environmental initiatives that will contribute to the sustainability of activities, research and innovation.
- To highlight the initiatives and achievements of industrial and services enterprises which are committed to environmental standards and contribute to the promotion of a culture of “sustainable living”.
- To raise environmental awareness across all sectors of UAE society.
Categories and Prizes
The Award is worth one Million dirhams divided into 5 categories and 8 subcategories as follows:
- Environmental Personality – 200,000 dirhams
- Industrial Enterprise
- Large Industries – 100,000 dirhams
- Small & Medium Industries – 100,000 dirhams
- Educational Institution
- Universities & Institutes – 100,000 dirhams
- Schools – 100,000 dirhams
- Innovation/Invention and Environmental Research
- Innovation / Invention – 100,000 dirhams
- Applied Research – 100,000 dirhams
- Media and Environmental Awareness
- In Mass Media – 100,000 dirhams
- In Organizations – 100,000 dirhams
- The Award is open for individuals, Government Institutions, Private Enterprise, and Civil Society Organizations that have substantial achievements in the field of environment;
- Nomination documents should clearly highlight the excellence of achievements and demonstrate the direct involvement of the nominee;
- The Nomination Form must be used and accompanied by all the documents supporting the nomination;
- Candidates shall provide the Technical committee with any additional documents requested in the time frame specified and allow them to conduct field visits for validation of data and information mentioned in the nomination;
- Any material submitted for nomination is not returnable.
Download and complete the nomination form
All documents should be e-mailed or posted to the following address:
Suite #504 API Tower, Sheikh ZayedRoad, Dubai
Tel : + 971 4 3326666
Deadline: August 31, 2017
For more information, visit Emirates Appreciation Award for the Environment.