SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications for the Emerging Mystery Writer Scholarship Program are now being accepted. This scholarship is open to young talented writer who are planning to attend or currently attending a post-secondary institution. Only U.S. and Canadian citizens may apply this scholarship. Entries are accepted until 30 May 2018.
The Emerging Mystery Writer Scholarship aims to support talented young mystery writers by awarding Sholarship to one writer on the basis of an unpublished short story. We invite applications from students planning to attend or currently attending a post-secondary institution. The winner will have their story published in Mystery Weekly Magazine, and a cash award payable to their registrar for the 2018/19 school term. Please use the contact link at the top of the website if you have any questions.
The Emerging Mystery Writer Scholarship winner will receive the equivalent of $300 CAD ($250 USD) payable to their school’s registrar. In the event that the post-secondary institution will not accept it, payment will be made directly to the winner.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in all subjects.
Place of Study
In the U.S or Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
- There is no cost to enter.
- Applicant must be commencing or continuing their studies at a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or the United States in 2018/19.
- Applicant must be a Canadian or US citizen.
- Limited to one entry per person.
- Applicant must be 23 years of age or younger as of Jan 1, 2019.
- The Emerging Mystery Writer Scholarship winner will receive the equivalent of $300 CAD ($250 USD) payable to their school’s registrar. In the event that the post-secondary institution will not accept it, payment will be made directly to the winner.
- The application period begins January 1, 2018 and ends May 30, 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
- The winner will be notified on August 15, 2018. Honourable mentions may be awarded at the judge’s discretion.
- All entries will be pre-screened on originality, structure, and overall writing quality by the editor of Mystery Weekly Magazine. A panel of independent judges respected in the crime writing community will vote for the winning story.
- Mystery Weekly Magazine reserves the right to publish the winning story and the author’s name in our magazine, and to publicize it through all media channels.
- Proof of enrollment must be supplied before the award is paid out. This can consist of a) an enrolment letter or certificate from the institution’s registrar, b) an official tuition bill, or c) a schedule of classes.
- The Emerging Mystery Writer Scholarship is a one-time award. Past winners are not eligible to apply again.
Only Canadian and the U.S. citizens may apply this scholarship.
Please go to the link below to see further instruction.
30 May 2018.