Applications are currently been accepted for the Einstein Fellowship for Young Scholars 2021, eligible persons are encouraged to hurry and submit their applications before the deadline for early consideration
About Einstein Fellowship
The Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation are offering a fellowship for outstanding young thinkers who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research. The purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other, interdisciplinary approaches – following the example set by Albert Einstein.
The Albert Einstein Fellowship supports creative, interdisciplinary thought by giving young scholars the chance to pursue research outside their previous area of work.
- The fellowship includes living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein`s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg, only a short distance away from the universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin.
- The fellow will receive a stipend of EUR 10,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Candidates must be under 35 and hold a university degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences.
- At the end of the fellowship period, the fellow will be expected to present his or her project in a public lecture at the Einstein Forum and at the Daimler and Benz Foundation.
- The Einstein Fellowship is not intended for applicants who wish to complete an academic study they have already begun.
- A successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the proposed project, as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant.
- It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a PhD.
- The proposed project need not be entirely completed during the time of the fellowship, but can be the beginning of a longer project.
Please note that no fellowships will be given for dissertation research. The proposed project must be significantly different in content, and preferably field and form, from the applicant’s previous work.
Applications for 2021 should include
- a CV
- a two-page project proposal
- two letters of recommendation.
Applications should be submitted by mail to:
Prof. Dr. Susan Neiman
Am Neuen Markt 7
Or by email to: email@example.com
For more information, visit Einstein Fellowship.