The new Edufrica Home and Overseas Scholarships is now ongoing for African Students for the academic year 2019/2020.
This Scholarship aims to support students who demonstrate the greatest potential to excel in their field of study, and have a positive impact on society.
Edufrica is an online multimedia platform, which addresses the informational and planning needs of African scholars and students in Africa and overseas.
Field of study:
Offers are to learn any of the courses by the university.
- $250 scholarships for Africa-base students(3): One shall be for each at undergraduate, masters and PhD levels.
- $500 scholarships for overseas-base students(3): We will strive to distribute the scholarships between different geographical locations. Students studying in any continent besides Africa can apply.
- One $250 hardship fund: This is open to overseas-base African students who run into unexpected hardships and need some support to pull through. Priority will be for students in their final year of study or those undertaking big projects.
To be taken in(Country):
Africa and overseas
Scholarship Number :
African students are eligible to apply.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Academic excellence: This is the most important consideration for the scholarship. We will select those who demonstrate excellence in their studies.
- Service to the community: Applicants should demonstrate ways they contribute to their community.
- Citizenship: An applicant must be a citizen of an African country; if you are studying overseas, you must be doing so as an international student with your home country’s passport.
- Permanent residents of non-African countries do not qualify.
- You must have at least one year in your current program and be able to produce transcripts.
- must complete all sections of the application form and be ready to produce documents for your claims (e.g. proof of registration at a university)
- Candidate must register in an accredited university either in Africa or overseas and enrol full time in the university.
- Your essays must be within the word limit. One of the ways to demonstrate intelligence is to communicate concisely and effectively. Keep it short and straightforward.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level by the University.
July 25, 2019
Complete the application form. As part of the application process, you also need to submit one essay.
Write an essay discussing your dream for the continent or your country and your role in it. What do you wish to see and do after graduation? What do you wish different stakeholders on the continent would do? (max. 500 words) Hardship scholarship only: Please describe the nature of the hardship and why you do not have any other way of raising funds to address it.
To access other opportunities, click South Africa Scholarships.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship 2019–2020
- Harvard Business School Global Fellowship 2018
- SEOF Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2019 (SHARE THIS)
- South African Tourism Internship Programme, 2019-2020 [Updated]
- DAAD Scholarships For All Students 2019-2020 -APPLY NOW
- Science Bursaries in South Africa 2019-2020
- Agbami Scholarship For Undergraduate Students 2019-2020
- Kenneth Lindsay Scholarship for Israel Students in the UK, 2019
- List of South African Scholarships 2019-2020- APPLY
- Adelaide Sarawak Alumni Scholarship at University of Adelaide in Australia, 2019