The Emirates Diplomatic Academy (EDA) is calling for scholarship applications for Emirati high school graduates. The scholarship programme provides students who already hold offers from one or more universities listed by the Ministry with a full scholarship to pursue a bachelor’s degree starting in the academic year 2018-2019.
EDA’s programme aims to provide future diplomats with well-rounded education in areas of strategic importance to the Ministry. The programme will equip candidates with specialised knowledge of global and regional issues, particularly those relevant to the UAE and the wider Middle East.
The EDA offers a unique nine-month program in UAE Diplomacy and International Relations. It combines academic courses with hands-on practical courses. Learn more. Executive Education.
Offers are available to pursue a bachelor’s degree programme.
Field of study:
Scholarships are for the study of the subjects in the university.
- Tuition fees for the entire undergraduate degree
- Fees for language courses:
- Monthly scholarship salary: For single individuals: a minimum monthly salary of AED15,000 and for married individuals: a minimum monthly salary of AED18,000
- Health insurance for the recipients and their dependants (including husband/wife and children)
- Travel allowance (annual)
- Books allowance (annual)
- Allowance for study requirements (determined by an official letter from the university)
- Housing allowance within the monthly scholarship salary allowance
- Economy class ticket: For single individuals: two (2) tickets per year and for married individuals: one (1) ticket for the recipient and one (1) for each dependant (including spouse and children) per year
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Students from UAE are eligible to apply.
Those wishing to apply for the scholarship programme must meet the following criteria and be willing to undertake the following:
- Hold a high school GPA of 85% or above
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above
- Work for MoFAIC upon graduation for a period equal to the years of overseas study; this is not less than three years.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or equivalent throughout the university study period.
- Complete National Service before undertaking the overseas studies (if applicable).
- Attain no less than 12 credits per semester.
- Not change university or course specialisation without the official approval of MoFAIC
- Grant authorisation for MoFAIC to access their grades and transcripts.
- Enrol in a summer training or work placement by the Ministry
- Applicants must not involve in any of the following;
carry out any media activities without prior permission from MoFAIC
join or associate with any political organization
engage in unethical behaviour or any act that may harm the reputation of the UAE abroad
engage in any activities that are incompatible with the teachings of Islam or the traditions and values of the UAE
accept any scholarships or stipends from other organizations
marry non-Emiratis without prior permission from the Ministry
work for other organisations, regardless of whether there is a financial reward even during personal spare time
disclose information on matters that should remain confidential by their nature or by special instructions.
- Sign contracts with MoFAIC and the General Command of the UAE Armed Forces
31st May 2018
The journey to becoming an Emirati diplomat after obtaining an offer from an international university follows these five steps:
- Applicants submit their applications.
- The successful applicants’ interests and strengths receive evaluation and matching with the available programmes available at the educational institutions.
- During the period of study, the student enrols in vocational training courses to acquire the necessary skills to complete the programme.
- The Ministry takes additional measures to support the process of joining the diplomatic corps and facilitate the graduates’ entry into the diplomatic work environment.
- Those who have complete their studies abroad enrol in the Postgraduate Diploma in UAE Diplomacy and International Relations programme, offer by EDA, to advance their preparedness for their future careers.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.