East Carolina University(ECU) Inspiring Minds Equity Scholarship
ECU is committed to attracting and supporting the best students, regardless of their socio-economic status. In order that financial position provides no barrier to those who want to study we want to offer more scholarships to allow students the opportunity to study. They include students from low socio-economic backgrounds, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander’s, people with a disability or ongoing illness, people with significant caring responsibilities and those from rural or regional areas of Australia who can demonstrate academic achievement in their current ECU course. The scholarship offers payments of $1,500 per semester for a maximum of 2 semesters and $3,000.
- You must be a current ECU student to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, or a permanent humanitarian or resident visa holder, or a New Zealand citizen;
- be enrolled in a minimum of 60 credit points and intending to remain enrolled in 60 credit points the following semester;
- have completed a minimum of 60 credit points of their current course with consistent pass grades;
- have an academic status of good standing;
- be able to provide evidence of financial hardship or low socio-economic status (usually demonstrated by student being in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink payment);
- not be in receipt of any major scholarships or an ECU Equity Scholarship; and
- not have been a previous recipient of this scholarship.
Following the closing date of the scholarship all eligible applications will be assessed and a selection panel will determine the successful recipients.
How to apply
The application form will be available to download from this web page between application opening and closing dates.
For further information and hints & tips on applying please see the DIME Application Information document.
For more information
Contact the ECU Scholarships office.