For more than 40 years, the College Board has been providing the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) test. Also, with a series of Clep test to help students earn college credit with their existing knowledge. However, in the following sections, learners with interest in using this method to bypass introductory classes can learn what the CLEP entails. Also, how much it costs. In this writing, we shall discuss means on getting the easiest Clep exams, free Clep Prep test, and Clep Practice Test.
What are CLEP exams?
In short, the CLEP exams offer applicants with pre-knowledge of undergraduate subjects, an opportunity to take an exam that demonstrates their proficiency rather than taking the class itself. The general purpose of the CLEP tests is to reward current knowledge and facilitate students’ access to university credit. As of the previous year, tests are offered in 35 different areas.
The CLEP exams provide students the opportunity to gain college credit and save money. An also move into advanced coursework more quickly and ultimately graduate faster. In fact, 50 percent of CLEP learners earned their degree within seven years, compared to only 21 percent of their peers who had no prior-learning experience.
What are the benefits of taking a CLEP exam?
CLEP exams are beneficial to students of many different backgrounds and interests and appeal to numerous motives. Here’s how taking one or more CLEP exams might benefit you. Students who used previous learning assessments received on average their certificates from 2.5 to 10.1 months before students who did not use previous learning assessments (eg CLEP). So, in short, using these tests to get credit saves you time.
The huge benefit to taking CLEP exams is the money you save on tuition. If you are considering taking a class that is 4 credit hours and the school you are attending charges $250 per credit hour, you will save $1,000 dollars plus the cost of the textbook needed for the class.
You must pay for the test ($87) and recommend you study the CLEP for the study to prepare for the test (less than $50). So, how does the sound of $135 for $1000 plus $150 (approximately) cost the lessons? The cost savings in this example estimates at $1,000 per chapter.
Now think about what to do if you do it 5 times, 10 times or more. I did this with 12 chapters and the tuition at the university I attended was about $400 per credit hour.
An adult student who earns 15 CLEP credits can apply for a degree providing approximately $5,000 in an intermediate PE from 4 years and over $17,000 in a non-profit private institution.
Which schools the CLEP Exams?
Before deciding to take a CLEP exam, prospective examinees probably have a few questions. Thus questions are about how it formats and what to expect on testing day. Also, before signing up and taking any CLEP exams, students should first check with their current or prospective school to make sure it accepts CLEP credits. Currently, more than 2,900 colleges and universities throughout the U.S. accept CLEP credits.
Preparing for a CLEP Test
Before diving into the process, students should familiarize themselves with the logistics of taking a CLEP exam. Also, including where they can be taken, how the sign-up process works and how they should prepare for exam day.
Where can you take a CLEP exam?
CLEP exams are currently offered at more than 1,800 civilian and military testing centers throughout the United States. And the College Board has plans to expand this number in the coming years.
Registration and fees
Regardless of the subject test taken, all CLEP exams cost $85 and can be paid and registered for via the College Board website. Once registered, examinees must contact their local testing center to arrange a date and time to sit the exam. Aside from the examination fee, most testing centers charge an additional administration fee that can be paid online or in person.
What to bring with you
When the testing day arrives, students must bring:
A valid registration ticket for each exam they’ll be taking
Any necessary paperwork required by the testing facility
A valid and acceptable form of identification
Items that can’t be brought in include:
Cameras or audio recording devices
Hats or baggy clothes
Any other items that could be used to unlawfully help examinees with the testing materials.
Preparing for a CLEP Exam
The level of mastery a student has of a particular subject will greatly dictate how much studying is needed before sitting the exam. Here are some of the best ways to prepare:
Take the Exam as soon as possible
If a student is still in high school while working to earn CLEP credits, he or she may be able to obtain the necessary knowledge to perform the test and pass it without examination.
Use practice exams
In addition to the CLEP books that can be purchased, there are many websites that offer free Clep practice tests to help students identify their weaknesses and adapt their studies forward. The practice test may also help them realize that they already have enough knowledge and can go directly to the exam.
Resources for practice exams:
Take a course
The modern States, a non-profit dedicated to college access for all, provides free online CLEP prep courses in partnership with edX.
Free CLEP online practice Courses
Through Freshman Year for Free of Modern States, you can register for a free CLEP course online. The modern States is also a non-profit educational alliance which dedicates to reaching the university for all. Year of Year for Free helps students get up to one year of college credit without tuition fees or school books.
Modern States has partnered with edX, the leading online learning platform founded by Harvard and MIT, to develop more than 30 high-quality freshman college courses taught by some of the world’s leading universities and professors. Each course aligns with a CLEP subject and includes online lectures, quizzes, tests, and other features. Textbooks and materials are also provided online, free of charge. This is also a free clep practice test.
CLEP Study Materials: A Word of Warning
Many private companies offer a Clep Practice Test preparation service. Some are legitimate, but others make promises that they will not be able to meet and sell the services and products they do not need. You should thoroughly investigate the companies preparing the test before making a purchase.
CLEP Practice Test Apps Now Available
Practice for the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature exam with the new CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature app from examIam. The app includes the same information and practice questions found in the Official Study Guide and Examination Guide but offers the convenience of answering sample questions on your mobile device and on the web. The Analyzing and Interpreting Literature app also includes rationales for correct and incorrect answers. This is also a free clep practice test app.
Students can earn 3 or more college credits for each Clep test they pass.
College-Level Examination Program or CLEP tests administered by the College Board and cover material generally taught in the first 2 years of college. There are 33 Clep exams in 5 subject areas including Composition and Literature, World Languages, History and Social Studies, Science as well as Mathematics and Business.
Also, CLEP tests help students test out of introductory classes so they can graduate early. And to also take on a double major or minor, take other classes in their area of interest or study abroad. High school students can potentially enter college as a sophomore, rather than a freshman, by testing out.
Additionally, students who use them tend to have higher GPAs and college completion rates. However, not all colleges recognize CLEP tests for credits so students should check with their college’s official website to research their policies.
Easiest CLEP Exams Practice
Here is the list of some easiest CLEP exams practice you should take note of
1. Understand the grading scale
Unlike traditional college courses, CLEP tests its been record on an accredited/failed system. This is Depending on the school, you usually only need 50 questions from 80 questions, equivalent to 63%. In the student text, your grade is shown as a P letter once you pass the course. This benefits students because it is not necessary to be a teacher in the course to pass the course.
In fact, the materials in the CLEP test are generally easier than those of a university class or AP exam. However, students who pass the CLEP test have been shown to perform better in later sessions than students who have enrolled in the pre-qualification class. In terms of time, students can take CLEP tests at any age, but most choose to take it near the end of high school or once they start university. This is also one of the easiest Clep exams practice.
2. Prepare ahead of time for the CLEP tests
Do not let the anxiety test get better! We know that tests can be scary, so we have suggestions to help students pass the CLEP test.
- Invest in the study guide. This helps students understand the basic terms and concepts. The study guides focus on the CLEP test material, which helps students study more efficiently.
- Use keywords for keywords. It is not enough to understand the principles of each covered concept, but students also need to know the name of these concepts. The cards help students retain those terms and definitions. Each time the students find an unknown word, they should write it on a card and review it periodically during the study.
- Take the practice test. Once students are satisfied with the content, they can take a training test to verify gaps in their knowledge. These are included in most of the study guides.
- Integrate test strategies. The form of the exams is a multiple choice and the students are not penalized for the incorrect answers. This means that they must answer each question, using the elimination process when necessary.
- Relaxing Students should only pass the exam, not doing it with flying colors will not continue their actual estimate in a copy, but will be in replace with “P” to “pass”. With this in mind, students should do everything possible to approve it, but they do not need to stress it out. This is also a free clep practice test
3. Become Familiar with the Exams
- Review the description of the exam and the proposed study resources. Learn how much time they give for the tests and the different subdivisions.
- Learn about sample questions. You can find them in a free “quick view” document for each test, as well as in individual test guides or a formal study guide for CLEP and both are for sale on each test page.
- Exams of American literature, analysis of literary and verbal literature, units of university composition, English literature, optional essays may require some colleges and universities. If you take any of these tests and have questions about whether the optional item is of need, contact the institution that will receive your qualifications. If you do not select an institution to receive your optional trial on the day of the exam, CLEP will retain your item for 18 months.
4. Get Familiar with the Testing Platform
This tutorial guides you through the testing platform to help you become familiar with the testing tools, the types of examination questions and the types of calculators that will appear in a CLEP exam. This is also one of the easiest Clep exams practice.
5. Practice with Graphing and Scientific Calculators
Graphing calculators are used in certain sections of the calculation and initial calculation. Scientific calculators (non-graphs) are available in the chemistry, algebra and math tests. You are expected to know when it is appropriate to use calculators in each test. This is one of the easiest Clep exams practice.
6. Understand Scoring
Read What Your CLEP Score Means to learn how your test score will be calculated.
7. Get Official CLEP Study Materials
Developed and published by the College Board, this guide is the official study resource for all 33 CLEP exams. It includes practice questions for all exams, exam descriptions, information on getting credit for CLEP, and test-taking tips and strategies. Ideal for test takers planning to take more than two exams. Here is the CLEP Official Study Guide to look up for the materials.
8. Get Necessary Textbooks and Other Resources
While you are collecting material, consider textbooks and other materials used in similar college courses. Check with the college library to find out the books and materials used for the relevant course.
Also, check with your librarian about locating study aid related to the exam you intend to do. These may include, for example, videos produced by companies, educational institutions, sound files in language, and computer programs. This is also a free clep practice test
- CNU Tuition, Scholarships, Cost of Living & Acceptance Rate(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Time Management Tips to Study Smarter(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Salt Lake Community College Tuition: Scholarship, Acceptance Rate & Cost of Living in 2019(Opens in a new browser tab)
- CFA Institute Access Scholarship Program for International Students 2019(Opens in a new browser tab)
- 17 Best SAT Prep Courses | Updated [SHARE THIS](Opens in a new browser tab)
- BREAKING NEWS: SSC RESULT ONLINE 2018 OUT ON educationboardresults.gov.bd(Opens in a new browser tab)
- TOEFL Centres in West Africa and Their Contacts(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Can you go to college with a GED | Best Answers
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Are you a student seeking for free Clep practice test and easy Clep exam for proper guidance? check out this 8 easiest Clep exams to guide you through.