Dominican University International Merit Scholarships in California USA, 2019-2020
Entries are currently ongoing at the Dominican University of California for International Merit Scholarships.
These scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate degree programme in any of the courses offered in the university.
Admitted full-time freshman and transfer students on Visa with foreign transcripts are automatically considered for the following renewable scholarships.
A separate application is not required.
What You Need To Know
The Dominican University of California is a private, not-for-profit, co-educational university located in San Rafael, California.
It was founded in 1890 as Dominican College by the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael.
When applying to the Dominican University of California, it’s important to note the application deadline is rolling.
Scores for either the ACT or SAT test are due Aug. 1. It is selective, with an acceptance rate of 78 percent
The Dominican University of California is ranked #30 in Regional Universities West.
Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
Categories under the Dominican University Undergraduate Scholarships
Open to: High school seniors, undergraduate, or graduate students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement, participation, and leadership in school activities or work experience.
Deadline: July 1, 2019
B. DAVIS SCHOLARSHIP
Open to: High School juniors and seniors, undergraduate and graduate students.
Deadline: May 24, 2019
EQUALITY SCHOLARSHIP COLLABORATIVE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
Open to: Transfer students who have recently graduated from a community college and will attend a 4-year college for the first time in 2019.
Must have demonstrated service to the LGBT+ community. Applicants of all orientations and gender identities are eligible.
Deadline: January 31, 2019
REEDSY CREATIVE WRITING SCHOLARSHIP
Open to: Students who are accepted to or currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
Deadline: September 21, 2019
Level/Field of Study
Dominican University International Merit Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate programme to study the courses offered by the university.
The scholarship will be taken in Dominican University, USA.
All International students are eligible to apply for the Dominican University International Merit Scholarship.
|Trustee Scholarship||$12,000 per year||Minimum 3.50|
|Presidential Scholarship||$10,000 per year||3.00 – 3.49|
|Deans Scholarship||$8,000 per year||2.50 – 2.99|
Minimum cumulative GPA requirements to maintain eligibility:
- Trustee Scholarship: minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Presidential Scholarship: minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Deans Scholarship: minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
In addition to meeting the minimum cumulative GPA, to maintain Institutional aid eligibility, students must also meet Federal SAP eligibility; if the student is enrolled full-time, the student must earn at least 12 of their units attempted at the conclusion of the term, or if the student is not enrolled full-time, the student must earn at least 75% of their units attempted at the conclusion of the term.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Test Requirement: Official Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) scores are required.
English Language Requirement:
How to Apply
Admitted full-time freshman and transfer students on a visa with foreign transcripts are automatically considered for the following renewable scholarships. A separate application is not required.
- Dominican University of California Online Application or Common Application
- 500-word typed Essay as described in the application on one of the following topics:
- Describe a family, cultural, or personal tradition that is meaningful to you. Explain why.
- If you could spend a day with anyone (living, deceased or imaginary), who would it be and why?
- Required for all Nursing and Health Science (Pre-OT) applicants: Tell us why you would like to major in nursing or occupational therapy and what contributions you see yourself making to the profession. Please include any past work (paid or volunteer) experience in health care, education or social services.
- Updated, official high school transcript (six semesters minimum);
- One recommendation from school faculty, administrator, and/or a counselor. Applicants who have been out of school for more than two years may submit a letter of recommendation from a professional colleague;
- Official Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) scores.
If you are considering applying to Dominican University International Merit Scholarships, we would be glad to help you through the process.
Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 International Merit Scholarships
WE DULY RECOMMEND:
- 2019 Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program at the University of California, USA
- Top 10 Scholarships in Australia For International Students 2019
- Full List of Mastercard Foundation Scholarships for 2019
- Study in USA: Top Ranking Engineering Technology Universities in USA
- 2019/2020 Ezera Research Fellowship for Africans at University of California, Berkeley
- Study In US: MasterCard Foundation Masters Scholarships At University Of California, Berkeley
- Top 6 Medical Colleges in USA and Their Tuition fees
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave an on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Are you an International Student Applying to study in the USA? The Dominican University International Merit Scholarships in California USA, 2019-2020 Offers you the opportunity of Studying in USA for Free.