SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are invited for Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich Scholarships to pursue Doctoral programme for the year 2017. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The requirements for the scholarship include academic excellence, demonstrable knowledge in the applicant’s field of study, and financial need.
Welcome to the Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich – the University in the heart of Munich. LMU is recognised as one of Europe’s premier academic and research institutions. Since our founding in 1472, LMU has attracted inspired scholars and talented students from all over the world, keeping the University at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change our complex world.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The funding amounts of €650 per month for a duration of four months.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Students / doctoral students (not including students on preparatory courses) who are registered at the time of application and
- have completed at least four semesters (state examination, teacher education program, Magister, BA) at LMU with above-average results. Master students can apply in semester 1;
- have not completed a diploma / Magister degree/state examination in the Federal Republic of Germany;
- are aged under 35 at the time of application;
- are not entitled to statutory or other financial support, e.g., BAföG;
- are able to demonstrate financial need (From October 1, 2016, this is assessed based on the maximum BAföG rate of €735. In individual cases, this rate can be exceeded.);
- have received less than 30 months of funding or three one-year scholarships (regardless of organization).
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application documents:
- Résumé with photograph
- Personal statement
- Statement on financial need
- Two recent references from two members of teaching staff (major and minor subject) describing the applicant’s academic ability and academic achievements during summer semester 2016 and winter semester 2016/2017 Both references must be written and countersigned by members of LMU teaching staff. The references must also be stamped with the institute stamp. The referees should send the completed reference forms only by e-mail to Ms. Busurmanova (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Reference”. Deadline is June 30.
- Proof of all completed courses (e.g., transcript from LSF account and/or course certificates), copies of (diploma) intermediate examination certificate and similar documents, as well as bachelor’s certificate, if available Please note: the International Office cannot give you any information about the reception of the references. Please contact your referees in this regard.
- Registration certificate for the current semester
- Copies of passport and visa
- Marriage certificate, for married applicants
- Birth certificate(s), for applicants with children
- Residence registration certificate (Meldebescheinigung) for spouse and children if they are resident in the Federal Republic of Germany 11. Spouse’s registration certificate for the current semester, if applicable
Application Deadline: Application period for the Winter semester 2017/2018: June 1, 2017, to June 30, 2017.