SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The University of California is pleased to offer UC MEXUS-CONACYT Doctoral Fellowships for Mexican students. The fellowships are available for students who want to pursue doctoral studies in most of the academic disciplines, with the exception of the arts.
The aim of the fellowships is providing a non-resident tuition, fees, a stipend, and support towards health insurance.
The University of California (UC) is a public university system in the U.S. state of California. Under the California Master Plan for Higher Education, the University of California is a part of the state’s three-system public higher education plan, which also include the California State University system and the California Community Colleges System.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the following fields:
- Biological Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Studies
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Urban Planning
Scholarship Award: The UC MEXUS-CONACYT doctoral fellowship provides non-resident tuition, fees, a stipend, and support towards health insurance.
Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowships are not given.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Students must apply for admission to UC programs of study and be at least provisionally admitted.
- Once students have applied for admission to a UC program, all applicants are required to complete and submit the “UC MEXUS Formato de Solicitante” to UC MEXUS by January 26, 2018.
- Eligible students must apply for a doctoral fellowship directly with CONACYT. CONACYT reviews fellowship applicants only when they are eligible and have fulfilled all CONACYT application requirements, including submission of a letter of acceptance to a UC program.
- Mexican citizens who are DACA recipients and have AB 540 status may also be eligible to apply. Please contact us to obtain additional information.
Nationality: Mexican applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Another important step is researching the TOEFL and GRE exam requirements for each program of study. Every campus has a minimum score that applicants must achieve, however required scores vary by campus and by program. Generally speaking, UC Berkeley and UC Los Angeles have the highest TOEFL and GRE requirements because they receive the most applications each year. However, within every campus these requirements can vary according to the specific graduate program to which students are applying.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post:
- Applicants must submit the UC MEXUS Applicant Format to UC MEXUS, indicating to which UC campuses they are applying. This step is essential in their application process, and enables UC MEXUS to communicate directly with the campuses regarding their solicitation of a UC MEXUS-CONACYT doctoral fellowship.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 26, 2018.