SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are invited for three full PhD Scholarships for Ghanaian students. D-SIP’s objective is to understand the linkages between peacekeeping contributions, domestic security provision and drivers of stability in Ghana.
The aim is to show how the global is productive of the local, and how institutions, actors, practices, norms and discourse mix to produce novel forms of security governance and global-local linkages.
DIIS is an independent public research institution working with international studies. We conduct and communicate research and analysis work in globalization, security, development and foreign policy, and within these areas we are working to put the agenda in the field of research, politics and public debate.
DIIS participates in Danish and international debates and in academic networks, and we publish in recognized academic journals. We always strive for the highest academic quality. As part of our research, we also assess Denmark’s foreign policy situation and inform the media, politicians and the public about the results of our work.
What You Need To Know About The University of Ghana DIIS Full PhD Scholarships
University of Ghana, Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC), Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS), and Danish Institute Against Torture (DIGNITY) are undertaking a collaborative research project on the Domestic Security Implications of United Nations Peacekeeping (D-SIP) in Ghana. D-SIP’s objective is to understand the linkages between peacekeeping contributions, domestic security provision and drivers of stability in Ghana.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarships are available to study PhD programme. The Scholarships are awarded for undertaking a collaborative research project on the Domestic Security Implications of United Nations Peacekeeping (D-SIP) in Ghana.
The scholarship can be taken in Ghana. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK , this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
Ghanaian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The successful candidates will receive a stipend throughout the 4-year period of their studies, and all costs for fieldwork, PhD training-related travel, and conferences abroad will be covered by D-SIP.
University of Ghana DIIS Full PhD Scholarships Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: Ghanaian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Successful candidates are required to:
- Hold a master’s degree in the social sciences, political science, law or inter-disciplinary studies.
- Be highly motivated to develop a scientific career, and to pursue doctoral studies according to the approved study plan.
- Possess and demonstrate good scientific writing skills.
- Have a strong methodological and conceptual background in the relevant scientific disciplines or areas.
- Ideally have ethnographic fieldwork experience.
- Ideally have worked with security related issues in Accra, Tamale or elsewhere.
- Be a constructive and engaged team worker.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How To Apply For The University of Ghana DIIS Full PhD Scholarships
Potential applicants are invited to prepare a 4-5-page concept note (maximum 2,000 words) which, with reference to the selected PhD focus (please select from above), outlines a detailed focus for the proposed PhD project as well as research assumptions and questions. Applicants, who wish to apply for the PhD position under two or more thematic areas, should develop a separate concept note for each of the focus areas. The following details must be included in the concept note:
- Statement of the research problem and how it will be investigated through more specific research questions.
- Discussion of the analytical framework of the research problem in light of relevant theory.
- Description of the geographical and socio-political context of the study (Accra/Tamale).
- Presentation of the research design and the methods that will be employed to generate the data.
- Practical considerations.
- Ethical considerations.
- Time plan
Please make sure to clearly indicate which of the PhD positions you apply for.
In addition to this concept note, the application should be accompanied by a CV, including a list of publications as well as names and contact details of a 2-3 academic references.
Scholarship Applications Deadline: October 15, 2018