Dexa Group are glad to announce the ongoing Dexa scholarship 2018 ,other wise known as the Dexa Awards. This scholarship is a Fully funded scholarship For S2 education in Science.
The scholarship allows Free choice of study program in accordance with the proposed research on campus, in all accredited universities A in Indonesia.
BUT BEFORE I CONTINUE IS ANYONE ASKING THE QUESTION I’M ASKING???
What is a DXA | DEXA ?
DXA stands for ‘dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry’. DXA (also sometimes known as DEXA) is a test that measures the density of bones. Density means how much of something there is in a certain amount of space. The denser the tissue, the less X-rays pass through. Air and water are less dense than solid things such as bone. This is because the particles which make air and water are not held closely together. In general, the more dense the bone, the stronger it is, and the less likely it is to break (fracture).
There are two different types of DXA scanning devices:
- Central DXA devices are large machines that can measure bone density in the centre of your skeleton, such as your hip and spine.
- Peripheral DXA devices are smaller, portable machines that are used to measure bone density on the periphery of your skeleton, such as your wrist, heel or finger. These are mainly to get an idea about whether further tests are needed, as they are not as accurate as the larger DXA machines.
How does a DXA scan work?
A DXA scan uses low-energy X-rays. A machine sends X-rays from two different sources through the bone being tested. Bone blocks a certain amount of the X-rays. The more dense the bone is, the less X-rays get through to the detector. By using two different X-ray sources rather than one it greatly improves the accuracy in measuring the bone density.
The amount of X-rays that comes through the bone from each of the two X-ray sources is measured by a detector. This information is sent to a computer which calculates a score of the average density of the bone. A low score indicates that the bone is less dense than it should be, some material of the bone has been lost and it is more prone to fracture.
How is a DXA scan done?
You lie on your back on a couch and are asked to keep still while an X-ray detector (the ‘scanner’) comes over the area to be tested. An X-ray machine fires X-rays towards the detector. The bones commonly scanned are the bones of the back (the vertebrae), hip and wrist. The scan usually takes between 5 and 20 minutes, depending on which part of your body is being examined and whether a central or peripheral scanner is being used. There is no ‘tunnel’ to pass through as there is in other types of scans such as an MRI or CT scan, so it should not affect people who do not like being in enclosed spaces.
By Nick Smith photography (ALSPAC website), via Wikimedia Commons.
Dexa scan cost:
Many people get a bone-density test every few years. The main reason to have the test is to find and treat serious bone loss. But most men, and women under age 65, probably don’t need the test
A DEXA scan costs about $125. And if your doctor prescribes a drug when you only have mild bone loss, you spend money you don’t need to. A month’s supply of generic alendronate can cost as much as $75. Fosamax, the brand-name of the same drug, can cost twice as much.
Now we have full understanding of what we are talking about ,here is what to look out for …
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DEXA SCHOLARSHIP 2O18 | DEXA AWARDS
The Dexa Award Winner or Science Scholarship 2018 has a career opportunity at Dexa Group. The jury consists of industrialists and academics who have expertise in accordance with competing categories and professionals skilled in the art from Dexa Group.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY
The scholarship is open to S2 education in science students to study in any field of their choice preferably health.
This scholarship is to be taken in any of the university A in Indonesia.
The scholarship is open to Indonesian Students ONLY
This scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for Indonesians to pursue their dream career in any field of their choice. this is a life time opportunity for winners who will also have the opportunity to join the Dexa group on the completion of their studies .
What are the requirements for registering Dexa Scholarship 2018? | Dexa scholarship Eligibility criteria
- Indonesian citizens
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or are currently studying S1
- Register online
- Submit ORISINAL proposal as directed by proposal submission
- Name of uploaded proposal must follow format: DASS2018_RUMPUN_NAMA COMPLETE
- The papers, ideas, methodologies that are included will belong to the Dexa group
What’s important in “Dexa Scholarsip 2018 Proposal Filling Instructions”? | How to Apply For Dexa Scholarship Awards
- Replace / delete written instructions provided in colored letters other than black.
- Follow the type and size of the letters as exemplified.
- The section written in black is a standard format that does not have to be modified.
- Use Bahasa Indonesia consistently.
- The title should be short and solid, maximum of 15 words (including hyphens).
- Choose 1 of the 3 science clusters provided. Make sure the choice is correct as it will determine the judging at the screening and presentation stage.
- Proposals should be submitted in PDF format.
- Proposed file name format when submitted: DASS2018_Rumpun_Name Complete rear; example: DASS2018_2_Pudjiastuti.PDF.
- The maximum synopsis length is 50 words, coupled in a maximum of 3 sentences describing the essence of the proposal.
- Write at least 3 keywords, sort alphabetically.
What are the clusters of scholarship that can be selected in Dexa Scholarship 2018? | Dexa scholarship clusters
Clump 1: Pharmaceuticals, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, molecular biology, microbiology, biotechnology, nanotechnology, biomedicine, food science and food engineering.
Clump 2: Psychology, sociology, economics, law, humanities, finance, information technology, and anthropology.
Clump 3: Chemical engineering, civil engineering, physics engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics.
What are the conditions for acceptance of the Dexa award?
Submit certificate of admission to university S2 program in Indonesia (institution with accreditation A), study program 2018 or 2019.
Scholarships may be delayed until the S220 program (if the winner is still in the S1 course).
Not receiving scholarships from other parties.
Become a full student during the S2 program.
Conduct scientific research while in S2.
What are the jury rights in this scholarship selection program?
- The jury’s decision is absolute and inviolable.
- The judge reserves the right to cancel the acquisition of the finalist and the winner of a race material if there is evidence of violation of the contest provision in the future.
- The judge reserves the right to determine no winner in the program if no participant meets the qualification of the judging.
Dexa Award Program 2018 Deadlines
- Deadline registration and submit proposal: June 29, 2018
- Finalist announcement: July 9, 2018
- Presentation of finalists (located at Titan Center, Jalan Boulevard Bintaro, Block B7 / B1 No.5, Bintaro Jaya Sector 7, South Tangerang 15224, Indonesia): July 30, 2018
- Award of winners and awards: July 31, 2018
Who can be contacted for more information?
DASS Committee 087737970855 (WhatsApp) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dexa Scholarship Application Form 2018
For registration click here: Dexa Scholarship 2018
Source: Dexa Scholarship 2018 .
WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO WIN A SCHOLARSHIP , SO GET ON TO IT, SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT SCHOLARSHIP DO WELL TO USE THE COMMENT BOX WE RESPOND ASAP.