If you want to study a field related to STEM, don’t miss this opportunity to register for the “TMCF | Ministry of Defense Scholarship (DOD)”. The scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Defense (DoD).
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund, in partnership with the DOD, is pleased to offer scholarships to qualified high school graduates. The purpose of the scholarships is to generate national interest in science, engineering and mathematics, and to create awareness of a well-trained and well-prepared workforce.
A four-year extension grant of up to $ 15,000 per year (for a total of $ 60,000) will be awarded to the winners.
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund helps students gain quality higher education at affordable prices, train tomorrow’s leaders and connect top performers with world-class employment opportunities.
TMCF member-schools continue to be an important source of higher education for all students and more than 80% of all HBCU students attend TMCF member schools.
What You Need to Know About Department of Defense Stem Scholarship 2020
Level/Field of Study
Department of Defense Stem Scholarship covers high school graduate Program In field areas like science, engineering and mathematics.
If you are not qualified for this DOD Stem Scholarship due to your level, you can check out our SMART scholarships that is for undergraduate students.
DOD Stem Scholarship 2020 is hosted by The Ministry of Defense in partnership with Thurgood Marshall College Fund and can be taken in USA.
This Department of Defense Stem Scholarship is open to applicants who lives in the United State. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from Department of Defense Stem Scholarship, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Department of Defense Stem Scholarship Worth
There is a full four-year renewable scholarship with a maximum of $ 15,000 per year (for a total of $ 60,000).
Eligibility for DOD Stem Scholarship 2020
Candidates must fulfill the following conditions at the time of application for Department of Defense Stem Scholarship:
- Graduation 2019 at the time of application
- Have a minimum of 3.25 GPA on a scale of 4.0
- Have received a grade of “B” or higher in Preliminary Assessment or Mathematics
- Do have a proven financial nee
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident and hold a valid permanent card or passport stamped I-551.
- Students must plan and stay full-time in a historically black university or university (HBCU), with a preference for students attending publicly supported HBCUs
- Students must complete a bachelor’s degree in a STEM-related discipline, including, but not limited to, the following areas: Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, Nuclear Engineering, Physics, Civil Engineering, Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science / technology, informatics, environmental sciences and geosciences
How to Apply for Department of Defense Stem Scholarship 2020
To apply for DOD Stem Scholarship 2020:
- You can create a Thurgood Marshall College Fund account (TMCF) via the link provided: http://apply.tmcf.org/
- Candidates must write a maximum of 750 words describing your interest in STEM studies, your commitment to a degree in this field and your long-term career goals.
If you are interested in DOD Stem Scholarship 2020, your application should include:
- Report on Student Financial Assistance 2020 (submitted by FAFS SAR)
- Two letters of recommendation
University – a STEM teacher able to discuss academic achievements and the potential for success of a major in STEM once enrolled in college
Character – a mentor / counselor / community leader able to speak with potential and leadership
- Send a resume listing the Public Service, jobs / internships and leadership
- Submit an Abitur (official or unofficial, cumulative average: weighted and unweighted, must appear on the certificate)
- Copy of ACT and / or SAT score
Department of Defense Stem Scholarship 2020 Application Deadline
Department of Defense Stem Scholarship 2020 application starts on the 17th of August 2020 to 1st December.
Link for more information:
- Hertz Fellowship Program Fully Funded
- IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program for Mathematicians in USA,
- AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship for African Students in Germany
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for Ghana Students
- PROVIA Visiting Fellowship Program in Bangladesh, Ghana and China
- World Bank Africa Fellowship for African Graduates
- Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship
- The Facebook Fellowship Program
- Google PhD Fellowship Program