The Delores Auzenne Fellowship
The Graduate School at the University of North Florida is pleased to announce the Delores Auzenne Fellowship. The program is available to graduate students who have been accepted into select graduate disciplines and professional programs. The fellowship is designed to assist Florida’s State Universities in increasing the enrollment of students from underrepresented groups to graduate programs.Under the program, graduate students are nominated to receive awards of $5,000 each ($2,500 per semester, fall/spring or both) for year-long, full-time study.
In concert with the University’s academic colleges, the Graduate School supports and promotes graduate education at the University of North Florida by developing, maintaining, and enhancing strong graduate programs and an excellent graduate faculty.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have been accepted into select graduate disciplines and professional programs where minority graduate students are disproportionately under-represented
- Have demonstrated initiative in pursuing educational goals and possess the qualifications to assure satisfactory progress toward future educational goals
- Are either citizens or permanent resident aliens (a copy of your card must be provided) of the United States
- Have been classified as a Florida resident for tuition purposes for at least 1 year preceding the award of aid (Florida Statute 1009.21)
- Students who were awarded previously and are eligible to renew need to submit a new application (supplemental documents do not need to be submitted)
How to Apply:
To applying for the fellowship, the applicant must download application through the given link: http://www.unf.edu/uploadedFiles/aa/graduateschool/Prospective_Students/funding_resources/Auzenne%20Application.pdf
With the application the applicant must attach the following:
- An essay of no more than 500 words that describes your qualifications for receiving the fellowship, your future career goals, and aspirations, and how the fellowship will help you achieve those goals
- Two letters of recommendation (from professors or supervisors under whom you have studied, taught, or worked)
- If a permanent resident alien, a copy of your permanent resident alien card
The completed application and supporting documentation must be submitted to graduateschool-at-unf.edu
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The amount of this fellowship is $5000.00 each academic year divided equally between fall and spring terms.
- The fellowship is renewable for one year under the criteria and will be funded no more than four (4)semesters for a master’s degree student and eight (8) semesters for a doctoral student or until a master’s or doctoral degree is received, whichever occurs first.
- Awards will not be granted to the same Auzennefellows for more than two academic years for those in Master’s programs or four academic years for doctoral students.
The deadline to submit the application is due on April 21, 2017, at 5:00 P.M.Documents submitted in-person or by mail will not be accepted.
Link for More Information:
For additional information, contact the Graduate School at (904) 620-1360