SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Nigerian scholars are by this notice informed that the deadline ave been extended for the 2018 Short-Term Visiting Scholars Program at Michigan State University for Nigerian scholars,so all interested persons are advised to grasp this opportunity and apply
About the Award:
Toward component 1), the project offers a visiting scholars program. Short-term Project Scholar positions for Nigerian graduate students (studying at an accredited Nigerian university) are offered at Michigan State University (MSU), East Lansing, Michigan, USA, during August 2018–May 2019. FIVE short-term post graduate student scholar positions are on offer for either Master’s or PhD level. The Master’s Level positions are for 1 semester, and the PhD Level, 2 semesters.
- Travel related costs, lodging and meals. Travel related costs are limited to visa fees, visa procurement, and round trip air tickets from Nigeria to East Lansing, Michigan USA.
- Monthly stipend of $1,000. Up to 4 months for the Master’s Level, and up to 9 months for the PhD level.
- Medical insurance for the duration of the Project Scholar’s MSU program.
- No support whatsoever is provided for dependents.
To be taken at (country):
Michigan State University, USA
Applicants must be/have:
- Nigerians studying in the area of Agriculture, at Post Graduate level in an accredited higher education institution in Nigeria
- Good academic standing in their academic institution having the equivalent of a minimum GPA of 3.5 out of 5 (or equivalent for a 2nd class, upper division).
- Good moral standing and found to be a fit and proper persons and in no way have any pending disciplinary cases before a duly recognized and constituted disciplinary body.
- Demonstrated interest in an area being studied by researchers working under the Nigeria Agricultural Policy Project.
- Accept the responsibilities attached to participation.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed expression of interest application form
- A short write-up on the role of research in the Nigeria Agricultural Policy Process and how the applicant’s work fits into this (no more than 2 pages double spaced).
- A writing sample (e.g. research paper, chapter of University Project/Thesis etc.)
- Official Copy of Student’s academic transcripts
- Updated CV showing publications and awards
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or dean on official letter headed paper
- A statement from applicant’s primary academic advisor indicating willingness to support the application and the advisor’s availability to work with the Feed the Future Nigeria Agricultural Policy Project and participate under the Academic Advisor segment of the Award.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2018