De Beers Bursary in South Africa 2019–2020 | UPDATED
CSIR is glad to announce that application is currently ongoing for the De Beers Bursary in South Africa 2019–2020 for new applicants. If you are a South African Student this could be the lifetime opportunity you have been waiting to push your academics further.
World scholarship forum being the best scholarship/bursary portal has taken it upon themselves to provide you with all South African Scholarships/Bursary for local and international studies and this is one of them.
About De Beers
The story of the De Beers company dates all the way back to 1888 when it was founded by Cecil Rhodes, who received financing from Alfred Beit (a South African diamond magnate) and N M Rothschild & Sons bank in London.
But it is supposed that the company’s history goes back to 1866, once the Eureka Diamond wad discovered. De Beers’ two shareholders include Anglo-American (who have 85 percent ) and the Republic of Botswana Government (who have the rest of the 15 percent ).
Now the De Beers Group of companies specializes in diamonds also continues to be included with the majority of steps of this diamond pipeline, for example, diamond mining; diamond exploration; diamond sorting; diamond trading; diamond retail; in addition to industrial diamond manufacturing sectors.
The international corporation employs over 20 000 staff and operates in 35 countries, with mining taking place in South Africa; Namibia; Canada and Botswana. The company sells about 35% of the rough diamonds in the world.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
What you need to know
Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year, as some of these bursaries do not have an appointed time of closing date, but for candidates applying De Beers Bursary are urged to send their applications ahead of time, so it reaches them before the closing date.
Level/Field of Study
The De Beers bursary will be awarded to students studying/ intending on studying within one of the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Geology (specializing in Geotechnical Engineering/ Rock Engineering
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA.
The Bursary is open to all South African students to study in any of the country university. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The full cost bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation, meals, a laptop allowance, and a student allowance.
National Diploma students will also receive practical training each year, and University students will be able to take part in vacation work.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and required to attend two interviews before the bursary is awarded. Should you not receive any feedback by 30 November 2019 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside in areas surrounding the mine operation
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards a full-time undergraduate qualification, within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or have been accepted to study at a recognized University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- Must have achieved a minimum academic result of 60% for English and 70% for Higher Grade Mathematics and Science
- Proven financial need
How to Apply
You may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://cw.gradx.net/
(You will need to register an account and then log in to complete your application. The promo code to be used in F2018)
2) By downloading and completing the De Beers Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile,
if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
If you are applying via the hard copy application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
31 October 2019
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
Contact the Bursary Provider
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise (the bursary administrator) directly:
Tel: 011 403 0933/ 086 100 7787
Email: [email protected]
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship
- 17 Undergraduate Scholarships For Chemistry Students 2019
- Easy Step by Step Procedures to get Finland Student Visa
- University of Gavle Scholarship for Undergraduate & Masters Students in Sweden, 2019
- Top 20 Masters Scholarships in Biotechnology
- Danish Government Scholarship at University of Southern Denmark 2019-2020
- Namibian Mobile telecommunication company Bursary Programme 2019
- SEDISA Trust Bursary South Africa 2019/2020
- Maize Trust Bursary in South Africa 2019 – 2020
does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
De Beers Bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation, meals, a laptop allowance, etc. There are many more to this if you become the winner today.