International studets are currently been invited to apply for the DBU Doctoral Scholarships for International Students, Germany 2018, only eligible persons will be considered for this program.
Level: PhD students for research programme at German universities.
Field(s): environmental protection.
What we do for you
- up to 60 PhD scholars are funded per year; you can check our database for project examples
- funding period: 36 months
- monthly grant: 1.500 €
- monthly material expenses: 210€
- further material expenses if applicable
- support for scholars with children if applicable
- tutoring by DBU staff
- one week seminar per year for presenting your results, excursions and interdisciplinary networking
- support to organize own scientific workshops
- invitation to events of the DBU
- networking between scholars and alumni via the web-based platform Stipnet
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DBU Doctoral Scholarships are targeted for international and German researchers are eligible to apply for these doctoral scholarships.
DBU Doctoral Scholarships are awarded to applicants who -Has not yet begun that your thesis.
- from foreign applicants good knowledge of German is expected to allow integration into the DBU scholarship network is possible.
- In addition to a higher university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic that is of high relevance and can contribute to solving problems in environmental protection and conservation.
Scholarship Application Method
Application procedure (only available in German)
First of all, please check the requirements detailed in our guidelines in German: Förderleitlinien. You can save a lot of time and work!
- register online
- complete all required fields and upload a detailed description of your intended research work (check our Förderleitlinien for the outline)
- submit all needed documents (check our Förderleitlinien for the details) by regular mail indicating your reference number until 15th of January/ 15th of June respectively (date stamp)
Please note: This English version is just for information purpose. In case of doubt, the German version is the binding one.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 15 and 15th June
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.