David Oyedepo Foundation is offering full tuition scholarship for African students to study at the Covenant University and Landmark University for undergraduate degrees.
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to citizens and residents of African Countries (Except Nigeria)
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
Schools: Covenant University or Landmark University
Field of Study: Programs covered by the DOF Special Scholarship Award are: Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information & Communications Technology, Petroleum Engineering, Architecture, Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Economics, Accounting, Animal Science, Soil Science, Crop Science, Agricultural And Biosystem Engineering, Electrical And Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry
About the Award: The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria.
Offered Since: 2015
Type: Scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate program at the Covenant University and Landmark University.
Eligibility: The David Oyedepo Foundation Special Scholarship Award is open to Young Africans who:
- Are eligible to commence undergraduate studies in 2017.
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are not Nigerian citizens
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in oral and written English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- 70% recorded average or 3.5GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University (Scholarships would not be awarded until proof of admission to Landmark University is provided at the end of the competition).
- In good health.
- Not already enrolled in undergraduate degree programs.
Selection Criteria: Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of satisfactory scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement.
- A commitment to influence home country with skills learned and capacities developed.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program:
- Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course.
- 1 round trip ticket throughout duration of study
- Monthly upkeep allowance
Duration of Program: The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years (subject to the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
How to Apply: Read the application instructions and complete the online applications. http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission to Landmark University is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2017
Sponsors: The David Oyedepo Foundation