David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships 2019
David Oyedepo Foundation is offering a full-tuition scholarship for African students to study at the Covenant University and Landmark University for undergraduate degrees. The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship takes care of your Books, Accommodation and Other Expenses.
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is the major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full-ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries.
It grants individuals the opportunity to build up the leadership potentials that are so evidently lacking in the leaders of our society, through the yearly programs and community development initiatives integrated with the 5-year duration of the scholarship.
Description of the Scholarship
The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities, and their local countries. The DOF scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria.
Each awarded candidate becomes a David Oyedepo Foundation Scholar (DOF Scholar) and is expected to meet up with the requirements in order to remain a DOF Scholar.
Level/Field of Study:
Oyedep Foundation Scholarship is designed for Students, pursuing their Masters, Undergraduate and Secondary Program.
Programs covered by the DOF Scholars Program at:
Covenant University are Accounting, Banking, and Finance, Mass Communication, Economics, International Relations, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical, and Electronics Engineering, Information & Comm. Tech, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Architecture, Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Industrial Physics-Renewable Energy
Landmark University are Animal Science, Soil Science, Crop Science, Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical And Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Computer Science, Accounting/Banking & Finance, Economics and International Relations.
Candidates can apply to their chosen course of study. However, special consideration would be given to candidates whose courses fall under the following categories:
- Agriculture and allied courses
- Para Medical science
- Political science
- Education and allied courses
Scholarship program is open to Young Africans (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
Covenant University and Landmark University, Nigeria.
Duration of Scholarship:
The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years, this is subject to university stipulated time for course completion. The maximum duration of the scholarship award is 5 years for undergraduate programs.
Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Worth:
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance with the University stipulated time for the duration of the chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance.
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
1. At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
2. 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
3. Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Selection Process and Criteria
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent,
merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, the chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David
Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, the applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship.
2019 David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program Application Instructions.
All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability.
- Displayed financial need.
- Outstanding character.
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement.
- A commitment to influence the home community with skills learned.
General Application Tips
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet-based application system. You will need to access a computer and the internet to apply.
- You would also need a scanner in order to upload the required documents.
- You do not have to finish your application in one session.
- You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary.
- You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however, you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated into English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays, must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be considered. Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
General/Contact Information Section
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form.
- You will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage.
- Information filled in the Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians.
- The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection process. Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
How to Apply:
Applicants should visit the foundation’s website, read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
Visit the scholarship webpage for details
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Fully Funded Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships for study in Singapore 2019/2020
- The University of St. Gallen Scholarships for Foreign Students in Switzerland, 2019
- Dalda Scholarship Grants for Pakistani Students 2019 (UPDATED)
- Because of College Expensive Scholarship For Students in US, 2019
- JIMMY RANE SCHOLARSHIP 2019 | UPDATED
- Richie’s Spirit Foundation Scholarship, 2019
- NYS Tribute Foundation Scholarship Program 2019
- Mensa Foundation Scholarship Program 2019
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship 2019-2020
- Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program 2019-2020
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. Remember to leave a Comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question.
Apply for the ongoing David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships for African Students 2019-2020. The Scholarship covers all Expenses to Study in Nigeria.