David Oyedepo Foundation is offering a full-tuition scholarship for African students to study at the Covenant University and Landmark University for undergraduate degrees. The (DOF) David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship takes care of your Books, Accommodation and Other Expenses.
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is the major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full-ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries.
The foundation grants individuals the opportunity to build up the leadership potentials that are so evidently lacking in the leaders of our society, through the yearly programs and community development initiatives integrated with the 5-year duration of the scholarship.
- Description of the Scholarship
- Level/Field of Study
- Eligible Nationalities
- Host Nationality
- Duration of Scholarship
- Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Worth
- Eligibility For Oyedepo Scholarships 2020
- Selection Process and Criteria
- General Application Tips
- How to Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships
- Online Applications
- DOF Scholarship 2020 Application Deadline:
- Other DOF Programs
- David Oyedepo Foundation FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM
- DOF POSTGRADUATE LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- DOF UNDERGRADUATE ONE WORLD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Description of the Scholarship
The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities, and their local countries. The DOF scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria.
Each awarded candidate becomes a David Oyedepo Foundation Scholar (DOF Scholar) and is expected to meet up with the requirements in order to remain a DOF Scholar.
Level/Field of Study
Oyedep Foundation Scholarship is designed for students pursuing their Masters, Undergraduate and Secondary Program.
Programs covered by the DOF Scholars Program at:
At Covenant University are Accounting, Banking, and Finance, Mass Communication, Economics, International Relations, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical, and Electronics Engineering, Information & Comm. Tech, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Architecture, Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Industrial Physics-Renewable Energy
Landmark University are Animal Science, Soil Science, Crop Science, Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical, And Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Computer Science, Accounting/Banking & Finance, Economics and International Relations.
Candidates can apply to their chosen course of study. However, special consideration would be given to candidates whose courses fall under the following categories:
- Agriculture and allied courses
- Para Medical science
- Political science
- Education and allied courses
Covenant University and Landmark University, Nigeria
Duration of Scholarship
The Oyedepo Scholarships 2020 is for 4 or 5 years, this is subject to university stipulated time for course completion. The maximum duration of the scholarship award is 5 years for undergraduate programs.
Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Worth
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance with the University stipulated time for the duration of the chosen course).
The Oyedepo Scholarships 2020 does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance.
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
Eligibility For Oyedepo Scholarships 2020
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
1. At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
2. 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
3. Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University.
Selection Process and Criteria
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent,
merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, the chosen finalists will be interviewed by David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, the applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship.
2020 David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program Application Instructions.
All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability.
- Displayed financial need.
- Outstanding character.
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement.
- A commitment to influence the home community with skills learned.
General Application Tips
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet-based application system. You will need to access a computer and the internet to apply.
- You would also need a scanner in order to upload the required documents.
- Do not have to finish your application in one session.
- May save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary.
- You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however, you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated into English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays, must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be considered. Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
How to Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships
Applicants should visit the foundation’s website, read the application instructions and complete the online applications. DOF Scholarship Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
General/Contact Information Section
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form.
- You will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage.
- Information filled in the Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians.
- The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection process. Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
DOF Scholarship 2020 Application Deadline:
Winner chapel scholarship APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
The application for this year has ended.
July 2020 Finalization of finalists applicants and contact of same
August – September 2020 Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University.
Visit the scholarship webpage for details
Other DOF Programs
David Oyedepo Foundation FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM
The grant program is intended for students in the last two academic years who are in a financial emergency that makes it impossible for them to obtain a bachelor’s degree from Covenant University or Landmark.
This category offers maximum financial support of 70% for a period of one year. However, the amount granted varies from case to case at the discretion of the Scholarship Commission.
DOF POSTGRADUATE LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The DOF Leadership Scholars program is designed for individuals who have completed undergraduate degrees with a first degree and want to obtain a master’s degree in specific areas of study.
Applicants must have achieved high academic performance and exemplary leadership during their studies in order to qualify for the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must have been admitted to Covenant University for a master’s degree. The amount of the scholarship only covers the full monthly fee.
DOF UNDERGRADUATE ONE WORLD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
DOF’s Basic Scholarship Program is designed for academically excellent students who wish to earn a first degree from Covenant University or Landmark University.
Scholars must be African, have permanent residence in an African country and qualify for admission to one of the universities before applying for the scholarship.
Applications must be submitted online here
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. Remember to leave a Comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question.