SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma is accepting applications for Asia Pacific Fellowship for the applicants of South Pacific region in Fiji. These fellowships are available for journalists, editors and freelancers to consist of five days of seminars and conversations plus two days of travel, beginning August 28, 2017.
These fellowships aim to deepen journalists’ and editors’ knowledge of emotional trauma to improving coverage of such events, with a special focus on disaster as it relates to climate change.
The Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma is a resource centre and global network of journalists, journalism educators and health professionals dedicated to improving media coverage of trauma, conflict and tragedy.
Course Level: These fellowships are available for journalists, editors and freelancers based in the South Pacific region.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the following field:
- Reporting responsibly and credibly on violence and traumatic events on street crime, family violence, natural disasters and accidents, civil unrest, war and genocide — are among the greatest challenges facing journalists globally
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the following:
- The fellowship offers briefings by leading experts in the trauma, journalism and climate change fields along with peer-to-peer discussions on the many challenges of covering disasters. The fellowship covers all travel, accommodations and ground expenses associated with the program.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Fiji
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Fellowships are open to print, broadcast and online reporters, photographers, camera operators, editors and producers with at least five years’ full-time journalism experience.
- Applicants must possess a strong command of spoken and written English, as all presentations will be made in English.
- No more than one journalist/editor team will be selected from the same news organization. The 2017 Fellowship is exclusively for South Pacific Island journalists.
Nationality: Applicants of South Pacific Island can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have five years’ full-time journalism experience.
English Language Requirement: Applicants should have a strong command of spoken and written English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- LETTER OF INTEREST
Describe your reasons for wanting to attend the Dart Centre Asia Pacific Fellowship.
Document at least five years of professional experience in print and broadcast journalism, editing or producing.
- SAMPLE WORK
Provide two samples relevant to the aims of the Fellowship (print clips, audio/visual segments, or projects supervised).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 26, 2017.