SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Danish Ministry of Foreign affairs is delighted to invite applications for the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs Grants for Research 2018, only applications from eligible persons will be considered.
Type: Research Grants
Value of Award:
- DKK 5 million for each project.
- The total budget available for this research window is approximately DKK 60 million. The funding is conditional of the Danish Parliament’s approval of the 2018 Finance Bill.
- It is envisaged that the extension project could be up to 5 years’ duration with an additional grant of up to DKK 10 million.
- Window 1: Research-based institutions in Denmark, Ghana, and Tanzania are encouraged to apply.
- Window 2: Only research-based institutions in Denmark are eligible and only if they are iin partnership with research institutions in Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Mexico, Myanmar, South
Africa, Turkey, and Vietnam.
- In accordance with the overall objectives of Danida’s support for research, grants will be awarded to strategic research cooperation which generates new knowledge relevant to the needs and strategies of the growth and transition countries and contributes to strengthening research capacity in these countries.
- It is important to note that the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations in 2015 constitute an overall thematic framework for development cooperation and research.
- Applications can only be submitted by universities or by a research-based institution (public and private) in Denmark, which will be responsible for the grant. The project coordinator must be attached to that institution.
- At the time of submitting the application, the project coordinator must hold a PhD or equivalent qualification, documented clearly in the CV. Documented evidence that he/she is a Professor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor is regarded as equivalent to a PhD.
The scientific quality of the proposal is evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- The research experience and qualifications of the project coordinator and the team;
- The originality and innovative nature of the project, in terms of generating new knowledge;The effect of the research is evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- The potential direct effects with respect to the selected sustainable development goal (s);
- The effects of the project in terms of the partnerships with public and private sector which could take the research to the next step;
- Strengthened research capacity of the project, which should add value for both the Danish and the partner institution.
How to Apply:
- The e-application system is accessible from DFC’s website via the following link here
- The e-application form may contain information which is important in relation to the application albeit not covered in this Call.
It is important to go through the Application Requirements and instructions on the Program Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Application Deadline: 2nd February 2018 (Phase 1)