This Foundation aims at granting scholarships to students or researchers, subsidizing research activities at universities and research institutes.
The University of Tokyo is a public research university in Bunkyo, Tokyo, often cited as the most prestigious university in Japan. Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked the University of Tokyo 1st in Asia and 20th in the world in 2012.
Field of study:
Scholarships are for the field the subjects in the university.
Amount of up to 10,000 JPY/month
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
This scholarship is open to International students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- International students studying in a master or doctoral course who are 38 years old or younger, as of April 2nd.
- In need of financial support.
- are physically and mentally fit.
- able to explain their research in Japanese.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level.
16th April 2018
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents to ILO. Application Form should be printed on the single page.
- Application Form for Scholarship from private Foundations.
- Transcript of your current program, or of your previous program.
- Research plan.
- Photo (4x3cm)
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Recommendation letter from your supervisor
- Official income certificate for your household of last year.
You can begin the application by clicking on Scholarship Link
To access other opportunities, click