SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences at the University of Potsdam is offering Doctoral Fellowships funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The Feloowshipwas designed for German and international candidates pursuing their doctoral degrees.
All doctoral fellowships will start on October 1, 2017. Scholarship holders will receive a monthly stipend from the “Graduate School Scholarship Programme 17“.
The Research Training Group (RTG) on “Wicked Problems, Contested Administrations: Knowledge, Coordination, Strategy” (WIPCAD) is a newly established DFG-funded program to promote young researchers in the field of public administration.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue the doctoral programme.
Study Subject: The WIPCAD research program is based on systematic interdisciplinary cooperation between political and administrative sciences, organization studies, sociology and public management.
Scholarship Award: All doctoral fellowships will start on October 1, 2017. Scholarship holders will receive a monthly stipend from the “Graduate School Scholarship Programme 17“. The scholarship award comprises:
- a monthly stipend of EUR 1,000
- a travel allowance based on your country of origin
- a combined health, accident and liability insurance
- a study and research allowance of EUR 460 per year
- a rent and/or family allowance, if applicable
In addition, grants for material costs of EUR 1,000 per year are possible. The scholarship will be for up to a three-year period, contingent upon the successful completion of each year. Extension to a fourth year will be possible only in exceptional and very well-founded cases.
DAAD scholarship holders will be identified by a two-step procedure. In step one, appropriate candidates are nominated for a DAAD scholarship by WIPCAD as the hosting program. In step two, the nominees (2 for each place) submit an online application with supporting documentation via the DAAD portal and the DAAD selection board takes the decision.
Number of Scholarships: 2 Doctoral Fellowships will be awarded which is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Applicant smust hold a Diploma or a Master’s degree in political and administrative sciences, sociology or (public) management. Familiarity with organizational research is a plus. In exceptional cases, graduates with degrees from related fields may be considered.
- Key selection criteriaare the quality of the PhD proposal, how well it falls in with the overall thematic agenda of the Research Training Group, its innovative potential, and its likely contribution to existing knowledge in public organizations and administration.
- International studentswith a non-German citizenship are strongly encouraged to apply. The Faculty strives to increase the proportion of women in the university and hence strongly encourages women to apply. Applicants with disabilities who are equally qualified will be favored.
- Scholarship recipients will participate in seminars of the Faculty and write their own dissertation in English.Proficiency in English is required.
Nationality: German and international candidates can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a Diploma or a Master’s degree in political and administrative sciences, sociology or (public) management.
English language Requirements: Applicants who are native speakers of English or who have obtained either their High School Diploma (e.g., passed their A levels), or earned a university degree at an institution where the language of instruction is English, are exempt from this requirement. Applicants must have the following:
- Minimum scores as proof of your English proficiency (cf. application no. 8):
- TOEFL: paper-based test 600, internet-based test 100
- IELTS: Band 7.5
- Cambridge Certificate: CAE pass
How to Apply: Please submit the following documents in English:
- A letter of motivation specifying your academic and professional interests, your current goals, study and career plans. Furthermore, explain why you deem our doctoral program appropriate for your particular background (in English, not exceeding 1,000 words).
- An abstract of your proposal (max. 1 page).
- Your research proposal of the planned dissertation project (only one research proposal) not exceeding 2,500 words (core text, about 5 pages, bibliography excluded). It should contain
o research question(s), hypotheses and objectives
o state of research (outlining theoretical and empirical debates on your topic as well as deficiencies in the literature that your dissertation proposal would address)
o research methods to be employed
o short bibliography
- The proposal should also include a work schedule listing planned periods and destinations of research or field trips. If you plan a field study, please also submit a short work plan and schedule about the field trip (when, where, how long).
- A complete curriculum vitae – with full contact details and information on your educational background and professional experience, publications and language skills.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your academic qualifications, including your skills in methods, and – where applicable – your professional qualifications, e.g. university professors from the home university, issued during the last two years.
- Certificates or translated documents:
o school leaving certificate (College, GSEC, etc.) qualifying for admission to higher education in your own country
o certificates of annual examinations taken at the home university (transcripts of records)
o certificates of any academic degrees or advanced qualifications showing grades and explaining the home grading system (description of grade scale)
(For French-speaking countries: License or Maîtrise with Assez-Bien along with a DEA/DESS degree or a Master’s degree according to the LMD system.)
- Certification of English Proficiency providing proof of your C1 level English language skills, or equivalent.
- A list of publications. (if applicable)
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is April 5, 2017.
Afghanistan Scholarships • Africa scholarships • Algeria Scholarships • American Samoa Scholarships •Andorra Scholarships • Angola Scholarships • Anguilla Scholarships • Antigua and Barbuda Scholarships •Argentina Scholarships • Armenia Scholarships • Australia Scholarships • Austria Scholarships • Bangladesh Scholarships • Belgium Scholarships • Brazilian Scholarships • Canada Scholarships • Cape Verde Scholarships• China Scholarships • COMPETITION • Conferences • Cyprus Scholarships • Czech Republic Scholarships •DAAD Scholarship • Denmark Scholarships • Egyptian Scholarships • Ethiopian Scholarships • FELLOWSHIPS •Finland Scholarships • France Scholarships • Germany Scholarships • Ghana Scholarships • GRANTS •Hungarian Scholarships : List of scholarships in Hungary 2017-2018 • Indian Scholarships : List of Scholarships for Indian 2017-2018 • Indonesia Scholarships : List of Scholarships in Indonesia 2017-2018 •INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS • Internships • Iran Scholarships : List of Scholarships in Iran 2017-2018 •Ireland Scholarships : Full list of Ireland Scholarships 2017-2018 • Italian Scholarships : List of Scholarships in Italy 2017-2018 • Jamaica Scholarships : List of Jamaica Scholarships 2017-2018 • Japanese Scholarships : List of Japanese Scholarships for 2017-2018 • Kenya Scholarships : List of Scholarships for Kenya Students 2017-2018 • Lebanon Scholarships • Libya Scholarships • Madagascar Scholarships • Malaysia Scholarships •Masters Scholarships • Morocco Scholarships • Nepalese Scholarships • Netherlands Scholarships • New Zealand Scholarships • Nigerian Scholarships • Norway Scholarships • Opportunities For Africans • Pakistan Scholarships • PhD Scholarships • Poland Scholarships • Portugal-scholarships • PROGRAMS • Research Scholarship • Rwanda Scholarships • Scholarships • Scholarships by Countries • Singapore Scholarships •Somalia Scholarships • South Africa Sholarships • South Korea Scholarships : List of South Korea Scholarships 2017-2018 • Spanish Scholarships • Sweden Scholarships • Switzerland Scholarships • Tanzania Scholarships •Thailand Scholarships • Turkey Scholarships • U.K Scholarships • Ugandan Scholarships • Ukraine Scholarships • Undergraduate Scholarships • United Arab Emirates Scholarships • USA Scholarships • Vietnam Scholarship • Zambia Scholarships • Zimbabwe Scholarships