DAAD is offering DAAD Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in Germany, 2020. Application is open to students in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication, and Film. This DAAD Study scholarship for Fine Art students is available for foreign students.
The aim of the scholarships is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe each year who fulfill the DAAD Scholarship Requirements – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
We also promote internationalization efforts at German universities, help developing countries build their own systems of higher education, and support German Studies and German language programs abroad. Our Artists-in-Berlin Program is one of the most renowned international scholarship programs for artists.
- What You Need To Know About The DAAD Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in Germany
What You Need To Know About The DAAD Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in Germany
Level/Field of Study
The fellowship can be taken in Germany. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Free study in Germany: tips on how to apply for admission and visa.
This DAAD Study Scholarship For Fine Art students is available for foreign students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Recipients of the DAAD Study Scholarship For Fine Art students will be awarded:
- Monthly payment of 850 euros
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family.
- To enable scholarship holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for the online language course “Deutsch-Uni Online (DUO)” (www.deutsch-uni.com) for six months after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- If necessary: Language course (2, 4, or 6 months) before the start of the study visit; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF test which has either been taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
- As an alternative to the TestDaF for scholarship holders who have taken a language course beforehand: the fee for a DSH examination taken during the scholarship period may be reimbursed.
DAAD Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in Germany Eligibility
Applicants must fulfil the following DAAD Scholarship Requirements:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for foreign students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
In this study programme, you can complete
- A Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- A complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification at a state or state-recognised German university of your choice (not an undergraduate course).
This program only funds projects in the artistic and creative areas. Other DAAD scholarship programs are available for applicants from the field of History of Art or Art Studies or for artists with a scientific project.
English Language DAAD Scholarship Requirements: Applicants in the fields of Fine Art, Film, Design, Visual Communication and Film should have a knowledge of the language of instruction which corresponds to the requirements of the chosen university at the latest by the time they start their scholarship.
If you do not yet have the language skills required by the university at the time of your application, your application should indicate the extent to which you are in a position to reach the required level. After you have been awarded a scholarship, take advantage of the funding opportunities described under “Value”.
How To Apply For The DAAD Study Scholarships for Foreign Graduates in Germany
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send additional documents by post to the specified application address.
Please note that the access to the application portal only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this programme is not available until the next application period.
The access to the DAAD portal generally opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline at the latest.
The following are part of DAAD Scholarship Requirements:
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. DAAD’s Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded!
1. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
Master’s degree/postgraduate study programme leading to a final qualification:
- Form “Information about your preferred master programmes”
- If available: Letter of acceptance from the host university.
If you do not have a letter of acceptance at the time of application, you must apply to the university for this in good time and subsequently submit the confirmation letter before the scholarship-supported study programme begins. Please note that you yourself are responsible for ensuring that you apply for admission at the host university by the due date and that a Scholarship Award Letter from the DAAD only becomes valid if you are admitted to your chosen host university.
Complementary studies not leading to a final qualification:
- Confirmation of supervision from a German university teacher
Also for all applicants:
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study program begins if studies have not been completed at the time of application.
- Proof of German language proficiency according to the European Framework of References for Languages or the Test-DaF for study programs in German.
- Proof of English language proficiency according to the requirements of the chosen study program in English (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS).
- The language certificate should be no more than two years old.
- A list of all work that has been cited as samples (see daad.de/extrainfo) with detailed information (size, date of creation, place, etc.)
- A declaration that the works of art have been produced or created by the applicant or the names of those persons involved in producing collaborative pieces of work. In the case of collaborative work or projects, the applicant’s own contribution must be marked as such or appropriately described.
Please do not upload any work samples and/or portfolios to the DAAD portal!
Scholarship Applications Deadline: The deadline for DAAD Scholarship For Fine Art, Design, Visual communication students November annually
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- Evelyn de Rothschild Master’s Scholarship – London
- Copy linkTop 100 Universities in Britain to Study in 2020
- Copy linkStudy in the UK; Cost of Study, Cost of Living and How to apply for Admission
- Copy linkFully Funded Total Engineering Scholarships for study at IFP School in France & Imperial College in the UK, 2020
- Copy linkFully-funded PhD Scholarship for International Students At Imperial College 2020
- Copy linkThe Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
- Copy linkList of Top 50 Universities In The World
- Copy linkImperial Executive MBA Scholarships for International Students in UK
- Copy linkThe Best Ranked Medical Schools in the UK
- Copy linkStudy In UK: Imperial College of London Ranking, Tuition and Application Procedures