The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture is now open for In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program for SEAMEO member countries.
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) is a non-profit organization establish by the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO).
Applicants should have 550 TOEFL score for paper-base and 213 TOEFL score for computer-base) or IELTS results (6.0). The TOEFL results must be issued by Princeton, New Jersey, USA.
Field of study:
Areas of specialization of scholarship applicants should be in agriculture or related sciences, which include:
- Agricultural Technology
- Food Science and Technology
- Forest Products and Paper Science
- Biological Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Animal Science
- Economics and Management
- Fisheries and Marine Science
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Human Ecology
- Math and Science
- Social and Political Sciences
- Development Communication
- Agricultural Economics
Covers tuition and other school fees; study and research allowance; printing allowance; stipend for food, lodging, and incidental expenses; travel allowance (In-Region only); and insurance.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 2 to 6 months, at the time of application. The short-term research scholarship includes:
- A monthly scholarship payment for living costs
- Health/accident/personal liability insurance
- A flat-rate travel allowance
To be taken in(Country):
Any one of the following universities under the University Consortium, may serve as study posts of DAAD-SEARCA Masters and Ph.D. scholars:
|Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB)|
|Kasetsart University (KU)|
|Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM)|
|Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)|
Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
|University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB)|
Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines
Scholarship Number :
21 In-Region/In-Country scholarships for Ph.D. and Master Studies.
Open to nationals of SEAMEO member countries
The scholarship is open to nationals of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Open to nationals of SEAMEO member countries who are employees of academic or research institutions or government agencies (priority is given to regular employees).
- Must not be more than 35 (Master’s Degree) or 40 (Ph.D.) years of age at the time of application.
- Propose thesis research should focus on SEARCA’s overarching theme of inclusive and sustainable agricultural and rural development (ISARD).
1st April 2018
How to Apply: Kindly submit an advance copy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send the copies of application documents via postal mail or courier
Each applicant is to submit the following documents:
- DAAD-SEARCA Application form(2 copies);
- Admission notice or proof of application to the university;
- Recommendation letter by university teachers (one for MS, two for Ph.D.);
- Official transcript of academic records of each degree completed (BS transcript for MS applicants and BS and MS transcripts for Ph.D. applicants);
- Letter of motivation (mentioning the planned research in Germany, if applicable)
- Certification of employment;
- A brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation.
- Copy of bio-page of the passport;
- Hand signed curriculum vitae.
- Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies;
- Official endorsement from the employer; and
- For Ph.D. candidates, submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise Ph.D. proposal, including work and timetable.
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of the proposal)
You can begin the application by clicking on Scholarship Link
To access other opportunities, click Ph.D. Scholarships