The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering scholarship opportunities in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
The aim of the scholarships is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
The scholarships are available for pursuing the Masters programme in all field of study.
The scholarship is hosted by Germany.
Scholarship is open to international students.
The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The number of offers differs according to the different scholarships.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly recommended.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certifi cate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
The mode of applying is online.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.