You can get scholarships to study in Germany in 2020 as an African student from Ethiopia with the DAAD scholarships for Ethiopian students. Read this post to the end to see German scholarships you can easily apply for and win.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries like Ethiopia with further specialized studies.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/Ph.D.) in Germany.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be a participant in the DAAD Scholarships
- What You Need To Know About DAAD Scholarships
- DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships for Students Sub-Saharan Countries at Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia, 2020
- DAAD/IPSS Scholarships 2020 in Ethiopia
- DAAD funded scholarships at EiTM for international Students
- DAAD Doctoral Scholarship for Students in Germany, 2020
- 2020 DAAD Masters International Forestry Scholarship for Developing Countries in Germany
- Bavarian Government/DAAD Scholarships for International Students 2020/2021
- DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region Doctoral Scholarships 2020-2021 for African Students
- PASGR DAAD Scholarships for the Master of Research and Public Policy, 2020-2021
- DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2020
- DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2020-2021- Apply Now
- Fully Funded: DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships 2020 for International Students
- Joint In-Country DAAD/NRF Masters and Doctoral Scholarships for Africans 2020
- DAAD In-Country / In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students
- DAAD Short Term Research Grants Program
- Scholarship Benefits/Value
- Eligibility Requirement
- How to apply for a student visa for Germany
- Have you considered a student applicant visa?
What You Need To Know About DAAD Scholarships
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is the largest funding organization in the world supporting the international exchange of students and scholars. Since it was founded in 1925, more than 1.5 million scholars in Germany and abroad have received DAAD funding. DAAD is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions.
DAAD and other well-meaning sponsors have made sure to provide opportunities for Ethiopians who are interested in studying. These opportunities are available in Germany and various other countries, and you know how awesome studying abroad could be. Avail yourself this opportunity today. Below is the list of DAAD Scholarship opportunities for Ethiopian Students.
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships for Students Sub-Saharan Countries at Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia, 2020
DAAD is offering scholarships to citizens in Sub-Saharan African countries to pursue MSc studies in Electrical Engineering for Railway Systems at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT) for the academic year 2020.
In-Country/In-Region postgraduate Scholarship Program at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology aims at the development of academically trained Railway specialists who could contribute towards the capacity building of East-Africa…Read More
The new DAAD/IPSS scholarships for Ph.D. candidates are now available at Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia. This scholarship is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Eastern Africa are designed to increase student mobility in a country/region and increase the number of knowledge sharing between universities in one country/region…..Read More
DAAD funded scholarships at EiTM for international Students
Ethiopian Institute of Technology (EiTM), Mekelle University in partnership with DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is offering 10 internationally funded Master’s Degree scholarships in following eight fields: Communication Engineering, Control & Instrumentation, Manufacturing & Materials Engineering, Product Design & Development, Quality Engineering and KaiZen, Structural Engineering, Thermo-Fluid Engineering, and Urban Planning & Development for up to a maximum of two years…..Read More
DAAD Doctoral Scholarship for Students in Germany, 2020
The Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is now accepting applications for two doctoral scholarships (only for non-German citizens). Up to two doctoral scholarships are available.
Topoi combine Berlin’s strengths in ancient studies research. Supported by the Freie Universität Berlin and the Humboldt-Universität Zu Berlin, the Excellence Cluster is the product of cooperation with the four major institutions in Berlin involved in research into antiquity: the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities, the German Archaeological Institute, the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science and the Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz… Read More
2020 DAAD Masters International Forestry Scholarship for Developing Countries in Germany
Applications are currently been accepted for the 2020 DAAD Masters International Forestry Scholarship for Developing Countries in Germany, Only candidates who have complied with the eligibility criteria will be considered for this program.
The Georg-August-Universität Göttingen offers the MSc program Tropical and International Forestry with the international degree Master of Science (M.Sc.). The program is for students interested in pursuing an international career in forestry, nature conservation, ecosystem research or in development organizations……Read More
Bavarian Government/DAAD Scholarships for International Students 2020/2021
The Bavarian Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts (Bayerische Staatsministerium für Bildung und Kultus, Wissenschaft und Kunst) and the DAAD (Stibet III), Hochschule Hof are teaming up to award the semester or yearly scholarships to qualified foreign students in need for the summer semester 2020 and/ or winter semester 2020……Read More
DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region Doctoral Scholarships 2020-2021 for African Students
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) Secretariat is pleased to announce the fifth round of Ph.D. scholarships available through the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) funding support…..Read More
PASGR DAAD Scholarships for the Master of Research and Public Policy, 2020-2021
The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is inviting applications from qualified candidates for DAAD Scholarships for the Master of Research and Public Policy for 2020academic year. Students from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply for this scholarship…..Read More
DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2020
Applications are currently been accepted for the DAAD-CARTA Ph.D. Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2020, eligible scholars who seek to secure this scholarship are encouraged to hurry and apply before the program deadline. The long-term impacts of the scholarships are: strengthening teaching and research at higher education institutions in Eastern Africa region, solving development issues in the region and strengthening universities, research institutes and research networks in Eastern Africa, and contributing to the establishment of regional networks between these institutions……Read More
DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2020-2021- Apply Now
Applications re now been submitted for the DRD/DAAD Masters & Ph.D. Full Scholarships for Africa (Study in South Africa & Germany) 2020-2021, eligible persons are by this notice charged to hurry and apply for this program. For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, the DRD–Institute of Development Research and Development offers DAAD merit scholarships per year. The scholarship will be taken at the University of the Western Cape, South Africa and Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany…..Read More
Fully Funded: DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships 2020 for International Students
Applications are now been accepted for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships 2020 for International Students. The Scholarship is designed Students enrolled to Study Public Policy and Good Governance for the year 2020 academic session. This scholarship is for students who want to pursue a master’s degree and eligibility criteria are of the essence…..Read More
Joint In-Country DAAD/NRF Masters and Doctoral Scholarships for Africans 2020
As part of the “In-Country Scholarship Programme”, in which more than two dozen African universities and university networks participate and which annually supports some 1000 African postgraduates, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in partnership with the National Research Foundation (NRF) is able to offer scholarships for postgraduate studies at South African universities….…Read More
DAAD In-Country / In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) calls for application from interested persons for DAAD In-Country/In-Regions Scholarship funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). These scholarships are also currently available for applicants from sub-Saharan Africa who are interested in obtaining masters and doctoral studies in Africa. The purpose of the scholarships is to promote the study of Sub-Saharan African Students…Read More
DAAD Short Term Research Grants Program
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is delighted to announce the Short-Term Research Grants. These Grants are available to highly qualified candidates who have completed a Master’s degree or Diploma or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research or those who have already completed a Ph.D. (postdocs). The DAAD gives young people at home and abroad the opportunity to gain international study and research experience.…Read More
Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Candidates fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
How to apply for a student visa for Germany
If you need a student visa for Germany, you should apply as soon as possible, and at least three months before you move to the country. To do this you’ll need to contact the local German embassy or consulate in your home country.
The documents you typically need are:
- Completed application form
- Valid passport
- Two photographs
- Letter showing you’ve been accepted by a German university
- Transcript of academic record
- Certificate of German language proficiency or proof that you intend on attending a language course in Germany (if studying in German)
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Germany (€8,700 per year, which is rough ~US$9,390)
- Certificate showing you’ve purchased health insurance
- Declaration of authenticity of documents submitted
Dependent on the embassy, you may also need to show proof that you don’t have a criminal record. One of the ways in which you can prove you have sufficient funds to study in Germany is by depositing a security payment into a blocked account – this means you cannot withdraw the money until after you arrive in Germany.
If you are planning to study in Germany for more than 90 days you should apply for a National Visa for the purpose of study rather than a Schengen Visa, which will only allow you to stay in Germany for three months.
Have you considered a student applicant visa?
If you have not yet been accepted to study at a German university, you may consider applying for a student applicant visa. This allows you to stay in Germany for three months in order to look for a university program on German soil. If you have not enrolled in this time, you may ask for your visa to be extended to six months, but whether or not this is granted is at the discretion of the visa authorities. After enrolment, your student applicant visa can be converted into a national visa. To apply for this type of visa, you’ll need to provide proof of your application to a German university.
DAAD Information Centre
PO Box 32539, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
International Leadership Institute (near the Egyptian Embassy)
Room 103, Sidist kilo
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Coca-Cola USA Scholarship | Coca-cola Scholarship Application form
- Government of Australia Fully Funded MSc Fellowships at World Maritime University
- Chartered Banker MBA Scholarships at Bangor University in the UK
- Top 10 UK Scholarships For International Students
- Mujtamaee Scholarship for UAE Students at Jumeira University in UAE
- Fully Funded: DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships for International Students
- Kharazmi University Scholarships for International Students in Iran
- DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
- Free study in Germany: tips on how to apply for admission and visa
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.