Scholarships are grants-in-aid supports to students. In that respect, the DAAD scholarship is open for Kenyan students to help meet their academic needs.
Read through to know if you are eligible to apply.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is an organization that promotes the international exchange of students and scientists. It is, in fact, the world’s largest organization as concerns financing scientific mobility.
As an association of German universities, DAAD represents 231 German universities and higher education institutions, with over 500 representatives in nearly 100 countries.
In Kenya, DAAD is represented by a Regional Office in Nairobi as well as a lecturer each at the University of Nairobi and Kenyatta University.
During visiting hours, DAAD is happy to inform and consult you about the study, research and funding opportunities in Germany and the region without an appointment.
We also consult Kenyan or East African lecturers and scientists on possible collaborations with university and research institutes in Germany
DAAD scholarships and programs:
The DAAD grants administered by the DAAD abroad are available to students of all academic disciplines and at each academic degree level, including undergraduates, graduating undergraduates and recent graduates with a BA, Masters degree students, doctoral students, PhD candidates and postdoctoral scholars, and faculty.
The DAAD worldwide network also includes around 50 information centers and around 450 DAAD lecturer positions.
The DAAD is funded by the German government and the European Union.
- Foreign Office (Germany): EUR 178.6m
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Germany): EUR 96.8m
- Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (Germany): EUR 37.2m
- European Union: EUR 57.2m
- Others: EUR 37.6m
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DAAD SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYA:
The scholarships is open to postgraduate students wishing to study for a master‘s or PhD degree.
LEVEL OF STUDY:
FIELD OF STUDY:
this program is for certain fields in Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) in priority key sectors. One such area involves capacity building in the universities through advanced training of personnel.
This scholarship will take place in Germany
This scholarship is primarily for Kenyan scholars
The Benefit of the scholarship are as follows:
- 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket money
- co-financed monthly scholarship installment
- Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
- study and research allowance
- accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
- further individual allowances upon application
The requirements for this scholarship will include:
- Be a citizen of the Republic of Kenya;
- Be teaching (full or part-time) in Kenyan universities (both public and private);
- Should have obtained the Master’s degree preferably within the past 6 years (date of graduation);
- Be willing to undertake a six (6) months German language course.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DAAD KENYAN SCHOLARSHIP 2020-2021:
To apply for this scholarship, applicants will have to get the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae)
- Abstract of one page, research proposal (not more than 10 – 15 pages) including detailed timetable; academic degree certificates and transcripts, whereby the Bachelor’s degree must have been passed with at least second class upper division and a Masters degree with at least a B+ grade (or equivalent).
Invitation letter from a German supervisor OR admission letter to a structured PhD program at a German university
- Two academic reference letters from university professors (forms provided in the online portal below)
- A no objection letter from the university, indicating the prospective function of the applicant within the university after return to Kenya and a commitment by the University to the job security of the applicant till the period of return (those on who qualify will be required to produce the Bonding document).
you can get the APPLICATION FORM here
Scholarship link is also available here
Further information about the application for DAAD scholarship for Kenyan students can be gotten by seeing this official link
To get information about DAAD Regional office in Nairobi, please see this official link
The update on application deadline will be communicated as soon as possible, we advise that you continue checking this site for such information.
- We also recommend that you view the following articles:
- Scholarships for International Students at Hof University, Germany
- Copernicus Award for Polish and German Researchers
- List of DAAD Scholarships – Apply Now
- International Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships at Memorial University of Newfoundland
- DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses in Canada