SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are now been accepted from kenyan students for the DAAD SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYA 2018-2019, eligible Kenyan students who seeks to secure this scholarship are by this notice charged to hurry and send in their applications before the program deadline.
ABOUT DAAD :
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is an organization that promotes the international exchange of students and scientists. It is, in fact, the world’s largest organization as concerns financing scientific mobility. As an association of German universities, DAAD represents 231 German universities and higher education institutions, with over 500 representatives in nearly 100 countries.
In Kenya, DAAD is represented by a Regional Office in Nairobi as well as a lecturer each at the University of Nairobi and Kenyatta University. STUDENTS ARE BEEN invited to visit their office during visiting hours (Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9 am and 12 noon). During visiting hours, DAAD is happy to inform and consult you about study, research and funding opportunities in Germany and the region without an appointment. We also consult Kenyan or East African lecturers and scientists on possible collaborations with university and research institutes in Germany.
DAAD scholarships and programmes:
The DAAD grants administered by the DAAD abroad are available to students of all academic disciplines and at each academic degree level, including undergraduates, graduating undergraduates and recent graduates with a BA, Masters degree students, doctoral students, PhD candidates and postdoctoral scholars, and faculty.
The DAAD worldwide network also includes around 50 information centres and around 450 DAAD lecturer positions.
The DAAD is mainly funded by the German government and the European Union. In 2012, the DAAD received 407.4 million Euro.
- Foreign Office (Germany): EUR 178.6m
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Germany): EUR 96.8m
- Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (Germany): EUR 37.2m
- European Union: EUR 57.2m
- Others: EUR 37.6m
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DAAD SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYA:
The scholarships are given each year to postgraduate students wishing to study for a master‘s or PhD degree.Are you an ambitious young person who wants to further his or her career?would you like to experience the German scientific world and earn a Postgraduate degree from a German university? See the information below.Then this DAAD scholarship for mKenya is for you, Hurry right away and apply.
LEVEL OF STUDY:
FIELD OF STUDY:
this program is for certain fields in in Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) in priority key sectors. One such area involves capacity building in the universities through advanced training of personnel.
This scholarship will be taken in Germany
This scholarship is primarily for Kenyan scholars
The Benefit of ths scholarship are as follows:
- 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket money
- co-financed monthly scholarship instalment
- Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
- study and research allowance
- accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
- further individual allowances upon application
The requirements for this scholarship will include:
- Be a citizen of the Republic of Kenya;
- Be teaching (full or part-time) in Kenyan universities (both public and private);
- Should have obtained the Master’s degree preferably within the past 6 years (date of graduation);
- Be willing to undertake a six (6) months German language course.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DAAD KENYAN SCHOLARSHIP 2018-2019:
To apply for this scholarship, applicants will have to get the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae)
- Abstract of one page, research proposal (not more than 10 – 15 pages) including detailed timetable; academic degree certificates and transcripts, whereby the Bachelor’s degree must have been passed with at least second class upper division and a Masters degree with at least a B+ grade (or equivalent).
Invitation letter from a German supervisor OR admission letter to a structured PhD programme at a German university
- Two academic reference letters from university professors (forms provided in the online portal below)
- A no objection Letter from the university, indicating the prospective function of the applicant within the university after return to Kenya and a commitment by the University to the job security of the applicant till the period of return (those on who qualify will be required to produce the Bonding document).
you can get the APPLICATION FORM here
Scholarship link is also available here
Further informations about application for DAAD scholarship for Kenyan students can be gotten by seeing this official link
To get information about DAAD Regional office in Nairobi, please see this official link
The update on application deadline will be communicated as soon as possible, we advise that you continue checking this site for such informatiuon.
We also recommend that you view following articles: