SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
DAAD is glad to announce its DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students, 2018. The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
The Scholarship is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). are interested in obtaining master and doctoral study in Africa.
The purpose of the scholarships is to promote the study of Sub-Saharan African Students.
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promote These international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
What You Need To Know About DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students
It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with Centre d’Etude Régional pour
l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) by offering these scholarship to the eligible countries.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
These scholarships are available to pursue master and PhD program and The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme Scholarships supports studies
in subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Health
Scholarship can be taken in either their home country ( called In-Country
scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region
The scholarship is open to sub-Saharan African countries students who wish to pursue their masters and PhD studies.
- The scholarship covers Tuition, Travel, Study and Research allowance, Monthly living and accommodation allowance as well as a Final allowance.
- DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 2 up to 6 months. Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
• a monthly scholarship payment for living costs which amounts to 1.000 € per month
• health/accident/personal liability insurance
• a flat-rate travel allowance
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
Duration of Programme: The duration
- of the PhD programme is up to three years
- of the Master programme is up to two years
DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students Eligibility:
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree
- (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- Clearly, show motivation and strong commitment
- Have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African Country
- Should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector or d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
NOTE: Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral).
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction.
How To Apply For The DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship
Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Applicants must apply for their studies at CERAAS using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. CERAAS has set their own deadlines.
- CERAAS will screen, pre-select (according to DAAD selection criteria) and shortlist the applicants. A detailed report consisting of the shortlisting procedure, the entire list of applicants, the ranked shortlist and the shortlisting panel members will also be availed to DAAD. The ranked shortlist will contain at least double or triple (optional) the number of scholarships that have been attributed to the institution. DAAD reserves the right of final selection.
- Pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal and register themselves and submit an DAAD application. The institution is requested to communicate the following information to the shortlisted candidates:
- Register online via the DAAD-Portal (if not already registered):
- Apply online via the DAAD-Portal under the tab “Personal Funding“/
- Documents to be submitted:
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- Recommendation letter by university lecturers (Master 1, PhD 2)
- Official letter of admission or any other binding document guaranteeing admission to the host university / institution / network
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport
- PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and timetable (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in
- Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30th July 2018