DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students, 2019
DAAD is glad to announce its DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students, 2019. The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so-called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
The Scholarship is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). are interested in obtaining master and doctoral study in Africa.
The purpose of the scholarships is to promote the study of Sub-Saharan African Students.
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promote These international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
What You Need To Know About DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students
It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with Centre d’Etude Régional pour
l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) by offering this scholarship to the eligible countries.
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY
These DAAD scholarships are available to pursue master and PhD program and The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme Scholarships supports studies
in subject areas with strong relevance to national development.
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Health
Scholarship can be taken in either their home country ( called In-Country
scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region
The scholarship is open to sub-Saharan African countries students who wish to pursue their masters and PhD studies.
- The scholarship covers Tuition, Travel, Study and Research allowance, Monthly living and accommodation allowance as well as a Final allowance.
- DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for 2 up to 6 months. Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
• a monthly scholarship payment for living costs which amounts to 1.000 € per month
• health/accident/personal liability insurance
• a flat-rate travel allowance
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
Duration of Programme: The duration
- of the PhD programme is up to three years
- of the Master, the programme is up to two years
DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students Eligibility
Eligibility For The DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree
- (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- Clearly, show motivation and a strong commitment
- Have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African Country
- Should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector or d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
NOTE: Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral).
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction.
How To Apply For The DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship
Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Applicants must apply for their studies at CERAAS using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. CERAAS has set their own deadlines.
- CERAAS will screen, pre-select (according to DAAD selection criteria) and shortlist the applicants. A detailed report consisting of the shortlisting procedure, the entire list of applicants, the ranked shortlist and the shortlisting panel members will also be availed to DAAD. The ranked shortlist will contain at least double or triple (optional) the number of scholarships that have been attributed to the institution. DAAD reserves the right of final selection.
- Pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal and register themselves and submit a DAAD application. The institution is requested to communicate the following information to the shortlisted candidates:
- Register online via the DAAD-Portal (if not already registered):
- Apply online via the DAAD-Portal under the tab “Personal Funding“/
- Documents to be submitted:
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- Recommendation letter by university lecturers (Master 1, PhD 2)
- Official letter of admission or any other binding document guaranteeing admission to the host university/institution/ network
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport
- PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and timetable (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in
- Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of the proposal
The application deadline is 30th July 2019
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- List of Top 15 Advertising Scholarships 2019/2020 [UPDATED]
- 50+ Accounting Scholarships for International Students 2019
- 15 Best International Masters Scholarships in Australia 2019
- TOP 15 AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIPS 2019 [UPDATED]
- International Undergraduate scholarships for Angola Students [UPDATED]
- Brewster Technical College Scholarships, Admissions Tuition Fees and Cost of Living
- List of South African Scholarships 2019-2020- APPLY
- Best 20 Virginia Scholarships for College Students in 2019 [UPDATED]
- Top 20 Best International scholarships for Nigerian Students 2019-2020
- List of Top International Scholarships in Hungary 2019
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum
DAAD is glad to announce its DAAD In-Country and In-Regions Scholarship for Sub-Saharan African Students, 2019. The scholarship is for masters and Ph.D. students.