Applications are currently been accepted for the DAAD-CARTA PhD Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2019, eligible scholars who seek to secure this scholarship are encouraged to hurry and apply before the program deadline.
About the DAAD-CARTA PhD Scholarships
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is inviting CARTA fellows from the Eastern Africa region to apply for PhD scholarships. Funding is generally granted for a period of 3 years.
CARTA’s objective of producing a critical mass of high-quality graduates trained to address complex issues surrounding health and development in Africa, retain them in the region, and provide them with a vibrant intellectual environment as well as viable and challenging research and growth opportunities.
The long-term impacts of the DAAD-CARTA PhD scholarships are:
- strengthening teaching and research at higher education institutions in Eastern Africa region
- solving development issues in the region and strengthening universities
- research institutes and research networks in Eastern Africa
- contributing to the establishment of regional networks between these institutions.
This is in line with CARTA’s objective of producing a critical mass of high-quality graduates trained to address complex issues surrounding health and development in Africa, retain them in the region, and provide them a vibrant intellectual environment as well as viable and challenging research and growth opportunities.
Course/ Level Study
Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
DAAD-CARTA PhD Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2019 is provided by DAAD and its activity must take place in the Eastern Africa region.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
DAAD-CARTA PhD Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2019 is open to indigenous students from Eastern African countries
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
if you are a Ghanaian student with an ambition achieving academic excellence, seeing finance as a limitation to achieving that dream and you ask Where Can I see all Free Scholarship?
Worry no more! because you have just come to the right place. We have some interesting fully funded scholarships you can apply for.
Worth of DAAD-CARTA PhD Scholarships
- Stipends covering the cost of living including accommodation
- Fees including the cost of research and academic monitoring, tutorial and other support, university registration and tuition fees
- Health insurance
- Optional research stay in German for up to six months
- Applicants must be CARTA fellows in the Eastern Africa region.
- Applications are only open to those who are in the very early stages of the PhD programme.
- They must demonstrate a strong commitment to research capacity building at their institutions as well as a potential for research leadership.
- The last degree of the applicant must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
How to Apply for DAAD-CARTA PhD Scholarships for Eastern African Scholars 2019
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A 10-15 page PhD proposal related to health and development with a detailed work plan
- Abstract of the proposal on one page
- A signed CV (please use Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Certified copies of all university degrees and transcripts
- Admission letter or an official letter assuring admission. The letter should include a fee structure
- Recommendation letter by the head of a department indicating that you are a staff member and how you will be integrated into the staff development agenda of the university.
The email should have on the subject line: Application for 2019 DAAD Scholarship.
CARTA will communicate to pre-selected candidates to log into the DAAD portal https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal and register themselves and submit an application.
Application deadline DAAD-CARTA PhD Scholarships 2019
The deadline for this program has passed but we encourage that you continue checking this site for updates on this program
- TOP 15 PHD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS STUDENTS.
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships at Lancaster University in UK 2019
- PhD Scholarships at Open University in UK, 2019
- 15 Best PhD Scholarships for Mathematics Students
- Fully Funded Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for study in Singapore 2019/2020
- Nursing Scholarship: Novo Nordisk Foundation PhD Scholarships in Denmark 2019
- Sokoine University of Agriculture Indigenous PhD Scholarships, Tanzania, 2019
- University of HELWAN Fully Funded Scholarships for Tanzanians In Egypt 2019
- SCHOLARSHIP NEWS: PTDF Begins Selection Of Candidates For 2019/2020 Scholarship ( see details)
- Green Resources for Livelihood Improvement PhD Scholarships in Tanzania 2019
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. If no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.