The Center For Urban Pedagogy is delighted to offer the prestigious “CUP Fellowship” and also to aid students learn more about the field, gain access to leaders in the design world, and ask questions that help you in your own career development. To participate in this fellowship have a background in design, particularly graphic, communication, or UI design. The fellowship is designed to promote and support individuals in gaining the skills, contacts, and experience to help them excel in their design careers. The stipend in the amount of $35,000 (paid in monthly installments).
The Center for Urban Pedagogy (CUP) is a nonprofit organization that uses the power of design and art to increase meaningful civic engagement. CUP projects demystify the urban policy and planning issues that impact our communities so that more individuals can better participate in shaping them.
To receive the CUP Fellowship, a recipient must:
- Identify as a member of community that is historically under-represented in the design professions, including but not limited to people of color people from low-income, LGBTQ, or immigrant communities formerly incarcerated people and others
- Have a background in design, particularly graphic, communication, or UI design.
- Be committed to social justice
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software, basic web applications, and Microsoft Office
- Be friendly, self-directed, extremely detail-oriented, and able to work in a collaborative environment with a broad range of partners
How to Apply:
You will need to provide the following information and materials:
- A cover letter, in which you address why you are interested in the Fellowship, what you hope to get out of it, and what your goals are for your career
- A current resume
- A portfolio of your design work. We are looking for your skills to work on a range of visuals and with type. Please indicate the context in which your projects were completed and your role.
- A list of 3 references, with contact information.
Applicants must submit all materials as a single PDF (max 5 MB) to apply-at-welcometoCUP.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The selected fellow will receive a stipend in the amount of $35,000 (paid in monthly installments). The fellowship will also provide two sets of mentorship opportunities.
Students interested in applying must submit their applications by noon on Monday, May 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: