SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
offers are up for Cuban Undergraduate Scholarship powered by the Republic of Cuba for the 2018-2020 academic year. The scholarship is open to Sri Lankan students for pursuing the undergraduate degree in the field of Medicine at the universities in Cuba.
The aim of the scholarship is to strengthen the bond of Cuba and Sri Lanka.
Cuba in Sri Lanka: Cuba’s embassy in Colombo is the only Cuban representation in Sri Lanka. The Cuban embassy is one of 101 foreign representations in Sri Lanka, and one of 96 foreign representations in Colombo. The Cuban embassy in Colombo is one of 147 Cuban diplomatic and consular representations abroad.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in Medicine.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- The government of Cuba will pay for the Education of the Scholar, Apprentice Studies, Lodging, Food and Medical Care.
- The cost of the air ticket to Cuba and back should be borne by the student.
Numbers of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in Cuba
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Should be a citizen of Sri Lanka.
- Age should be less than 25 years at 20.04.2017
- Should have passed the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination conducted by the Department of Examinations, Sri Lanka with subjects relevant to the field applicant intends to apply.
- Should possess a good knowledge of English.
- Should be in good health and ready to live in Cuba during the period of study.
- Should not be a student selected by UGC based on the G.C.E. A/L examination and registered or following a course at a university in Sri Lanka.
Nationality: Sri Lankan applicants are eligible for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have passed the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination conducted by the Department of Examinations, Sri Lanka.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must possess a good knowledge of English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post.
- Every application should conform to the specimen form provided.
- Each applicant should submit only one application for the award and should state whether he /she has been nominated for a similar award in the past.
- The words “Cuban Undergraduate Scholarships 2017/18” should be hand or typewritten on top left corner of the envelope containing the application.
- Any statement in the application, which is found to be incorrect before selection, will render the applicant liable to disqualification. If such inaccuracy is found after selection it will lead to the withdrawal of the award.
- Any application, which is incomplete in any respect or received late, will be rejected.
- Applications should be sent to the following address by registered post or by hand and to reach on or before the closing date.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 20, 2017.