The Croatian Academy of America is inviting applications for the Croatian Academy of America ZarkoCuculic Memorial Scholarship. The program is open to all students who are admitted to an accredited university or college in the United States. The purpose of the program provides scholarships to students who are studying for a degree in the United States in the fields of the arts, medicine and/or theology.The Croatian Academy of America will provide two (2) $5,000 scholarships award to deserving candidates.
The Croatian Academy of America, Inc. is a nonprofit, educational organization, founded in 1953 and incorporated in the State of New York on December 17, 1956.The certificate of incorporation was further amended in 1962.
A student applying for the scholarship must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Have completed high school a cumulative GPA of at least a b or its equivalent
- Have been admitted to an accredited university or college in the United States
- Show a demonstrated dedication to the study and/or promotion of topics related to Croatian history, art, literature and/or culture.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application (Pdf or word file) through the given links:
- Word file- http://croatianacademy.org/CAA/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Zarko-Cuculi%C4%87-Memorial-Scholarship.docx
- Pdf file- http://croatianacademy.org/CAA/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Zarko-Cuculi%C4%87-Memorial-Scholarship.pdf
- A copy of your official college transcript
- List the colleges you attended, the degrees you obtained and your undergraduate major(s) and minor(s)
- List the college or university where you intend to obtain your master’s or doctoral degree and the field of study you will be pursuing for such degree
- Describe your extra-curricular activities
- Include an essay with the application, consisting of no more than two (2) double-spaced pages, describing how you have engaged in or plan to engage in the study and/or promotion of Croatian history, art, literature and/or culture (such engagement does not necessarily need to include academic courses but may include extracurricular activities).
- Provide two references and their contact information
The complete application along with documentation must submit by the following ways:
- Mailed to: PO Box 1767, Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163-1767
- E-mail to: cainfo-at-croatianacademy.com
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Croatian Academy of America shall award two (2) $5,000 scholarships to students studying for a degree in the United States in the fields of the arts, medicine and/or theology.
The applications deadline is June 1, 2017. Awards of the scholarship shall be announced no later than June 30 of the calendar year in which scholarships shall be awarded.
Link for More Information: