Craft Research Fund Grants Programs
The mission of the Center for Craft, Creativity & Design Organization is to advance the understanding of craft by encouraging and supporting research, critical dialogue, and professional development. Hence they are offering the Craft Research Fund Program that is administered by The Center for Craft, Creativity & Design and supported by the Windgate Fund at the Community Foundation of Western North Carolina. In order to apply, the applicants must be U.S. citizens, in the process of applying for citizenship or have a U.S. Social Security number.Proposals are welcome from curators, researchers, independent scholars and graduate students. The Craft Research Fund will award Project Grants up to $15,000, Exhibition Research Grants up to $15,000 and Graduate Research Grants up to $5,000.
The Center for Craft, Creativity & Design (CCCD) is a nationally recognized organization that was originally established as an inter-institutional, public service center of the University of North Carolina (UNC) by the Board of Governors and General Assembly in May 1996.On July 22, 1998, its nonprofit support organization received 501(c)(3) authorization for the purpose of soliciting funds for programs and operations. The purpose of the Craft Research Fund is to advance, expand and support scholarship in the United States.
- Proposals are welcome from curators, researchers, independent scholars and graduate students.
- General overhead (indirect administrative expenses) is not eligible for university-based projects.
- No capital equipment purchases are eligible for support. This grant program is not about the creation of artwork.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, in the process of applying for citizenship or have a U.S. Social Security number.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application through to CCCD’s SlideRoom portal and choose your grant category. The link is: https://craftcreativitydesign.slideroom.com/#/Login
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Project Grants: Grants up to $15,000 for research, writing, support documentation, images or rights to use images or text, as part of the research yet to be completed.
- Exhibition Research Grants: Grants up to $15,000 will be awarded to support exhibition research relating to the goals of the Craft Research Fund.
- Graduate Research Grants: Grants of up to $5,000 support research related to a Master’s thesis relating to U.S. studio craft by students enrolled in graduate programs in any accredited college or university.
The Craft Research Fund Grants deadlines are as the following:
- Project Grants and Exhibition Research Grants- October 20, 2017 (11:59 pm EST)
- Graduate Research Grants – September 22, 2017 (11:59 pm EST)
Link for More Information: