Cowbellpedia Competition 2020
Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition Invitation: CowBell is currently accepting applications from students attending regular Secondary Education in Public and Private Schools in Nigeria for its 2019 National Secondary Schools Mathematics Competition.
- Cowbellpedia Competition 2020
- Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition
- Know About The Cowbellpedia Competition
- Competition Worth
- Stage one (National Written Exam)
- Stage Two (TV Quiz Show)
- How to Apply for Cowbellpedia competition
- General Rules and Regulations
- Application Deadline
- Cowbellpedia Results Released June 1st, 2020
- Download the CowbellPedia Past Questions & Answers
Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition
Do you want Educational trip abroad, ₦2million and also the bragging rights to be crowned the very best Mathematician in Nigeria? Then, the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition 2020 is for you.
Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics Television Quiz Show: This is a national maths competition that’s aired on major television channels.
Cowbellpedia Radio Programme: This is a 5-minutes interactive radio Mathematics programme on major radio stations in Nigeria.
Cowbellpedia Mathematics Mobile App: The App is available for download on Google Play Store and Apple Store. With this particular App, students may try to sharpen their knowledge on the subject area of Mathematics. The aim of this App is nourishing the dreams of Nigerian children by providing a platform which recognizes and rewards excellence in Mathematics along with the top quality nutrition that’s supplied by the Cowbell brand for its nutrition of their Nigerian people, especially children.
Know About The Cowbellpedia Competition
In the last 20 years, Cowbell has been involved in the sponsorship of Mathematics competition for Secondary Schools in Nigeria to identify, recognize and reward excellence in the subject area of Mathematics.
The competition is to be hosted in Nigeria.
This Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition 2020 is open to only Nigerian students.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students
Who is Eligible to Apply?
The Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition is available to students from the 10 to 18years of age attending an approved Private and Public Secondary School in Nigeria.
Below is the breakdown of the awards in Cowbellpedia Secondary School television Quiz Show that students, teachers, and schools receive in the National written exam and television Quiz show.
Stage one (National Written Exam)
At the conclusion of the written National Qualifying examination, top-performing students and teachers from each nation are rewarded for excellent performance as listed below:
- First position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦30,000 each
- Second position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦25,000 each
- The third position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦20,000 each
- Teacher of the First position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦30,000 each
Stage Two (TV Quiz Show)
Here are the benefits offered to each of the outstanding students and also their Mathematics Teachers at the end of the second stage of the Cowbellpedia Competition:
- First Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦2,000,000
- Second Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦1,500,000
- Three Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦1,000,000
- Fourth-sixth Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦150,000
- Teachers of the First Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦500,000
- Teachers of the Second Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦400,000
- Teachers of the Third Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦300,000
- Teachers of the Fourth-Sixth Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦75,000
- All eliminated Semifinalists (12 per Category) Students (Junior/Senior): ₦75,000
- Teachers of all eliminated Semifinalists (Junior/Senior): ₦50,000
- All Students Eliminated in Prelim, 36 per Category (Junior/Senior): ₦50,000
- Teachers of all Students eliminated in prelim (Junior/Senior): ₦30,000
Besides the cash prizes, each of the contestants is given additional gift items as listed below:
- First and Second position students along with their Teachers has a Laptop each.
- Trophies and medals for 1st -3rd Positions.
- Every other student receives a Tablet each.
- Textbooks and Pcs are given to the winners’ schools.
Also, some special recognitions are awarded the following to:
- Best students in the Cowbellpedia 60 seconds of Fame (Student who answered the highest number of questions in 60 seconds).
- Benson Oweka Prize: usually awarded to the most consistent School in the last three years of the competition.
- Best Teacher of this year.
However, Cowbellpedia competition comes in two stages:
- Stage One: Qualifying written examination across the nation for students in JSS3 and SSS 2 in both public and private Secondary Schools.
- Stage Two: The Television Quiz-show where the best 54 students per category converge in Lagos to toggle it in a studio-based competition for the coveted prize of the future inventor.
Therefore, each School is expected to register their Best Ten (10) students in Mathematics (five JSS3 and five SSS2), irrespective of their gender, religion, tribe or state of origin, to boost their chances of qualifying for the second stage of this competition.
How to Apply for Cowbellpedia competition
Entrance into the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition is absolutely free. However, all registrations are done on the official website of COWBELL following the following steps:
- Visit http://www.cowbellpedia.ng/#/home to register your school.
- Fill out the form and then submit. Be sure to fill all of the necessary fields
- An email will be sent to the school and Main contact email addresses provided when filling the form.
- Use the link in the email received to verify the email addresses. The school email address has to be verified before you log in.
- After school email is verified, log in to the portal using the school password and email used to register.
- Once the login is successful, click on the ‘Add Candidates’ under Candidate Management.
- Fill in the candidate’s information on the form, upload the candidate’s picture and click the Save Draft button.
- You will need to save draft information for 5 candidates before you can submit their registration. If your school is a mixed one, at least 2 of those candidates have to be girls or you may not be able to complete the registration.
- After creating the draft registration for 5 candidates in a category (junior/senior), a button will be displayed on the page to”Register junior/senior candidates”. Click on the button to fill out the registration of candidates for that category.
- A confirmation slip will be generated for you to download and are also sent to the institution, candidate and also parent/guardian current email address.
- Printing this confirmation slip and have it stamped and signed with the school principal.
- The confirmation slip will be demanded to admit applicants in the exam venue.
General Rules and Regulations
- Stage 1 (Qualifying Written Examination) will hold in all states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on Saturday, February 9th, at 10:00 am. But, certification of candidates begins at 8:00 am.
- Latecomers won’t be allowed to write the exam.
- Candidates are to come with a pencil, biro, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- All candidates MUST be in their School uniform.
- Please refer to the examination center list to check for the center nearest you.
- The competition is ONLY available for Students in JSS 3 and SSS 2. Candidates in any other Grade/Class will be disqualified.
- The decision of NECO and Promasidor Nigeria Limited is final. As they will not come into any correspondence with anybody on the conduct of this particular examination.
- Candidates are advised to check their Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition results online at www.cowbellpedia.ng e from Saturday, June 1st, 2019.
- Students are advised to sit for the examination at the centers nearest to them.
- Results may also be obtained from various NECO State offices, State Ministries of Education and also Promasidor Nigeria Ltd Offices nationwide.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted for the next stage of the Quiz competition.
- The Second Stage of the examination would be in an intriguing television Quiz arrangement – quarterfinals, Semifinals and finals.
Recap of Stage 2
- Stage Final examination is in a TV Quiz format and also in phases: Preliminary, Semifinal, and Finals.
- Cowbell questions are developed by NECO.
- It is serialized to 13 episodes and broadcast on major television channels pan Nigeria
Submission of applications for the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition 2020 will kick off on August annually. Visit the Official Portal to start your registration. You can check out other Nigerian Scholarships HERE.
Cowbellpedia Results Released June 1st, 2020
The Officials of the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition has officially released the result of the Cowbellpedia Competition. The Result was released on June 1st, annually. Check Results here
Shortlisted(Top 17) would need to write a pre-qualification exam (PQE) to determine those to fill the vacant slot/s (Qualified Top17) and should such student fail to make the ‘Qualified Top17’, such student will automatically take over the position of ‘Qualified State Rep’ for the state.
* Shortlisted State Rep that is dependent on the outcome of the PQE of Shortlisted(Top17).
** Shortlisted State Rep that is dependent on the outcome of the PQE of Shortlisted (Top 17) & State Tie-Break. Tied students at the state level will need a PQE to break the State Rep slot after the determination of the Shortlisted(Top17).
*** Shortlisted State Rep that is not dependent on Shortlisted (Top 17) but only needs PQE to determine the State Rep.
The results of the 2020 Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics TV Quiz show Stage 1 are hereby fully released. All necessary precautions have been taken in having smooth and error-free result coordination of all registered candidates for the National Examination.
However, should we discover any anomalies; such student(s) will be disqualified amongst other sanctions. The decision of the Producers on all matters is final and cannot be challenged. This does not, however, infringe on your civil rights. Petitions are allowed for a maximum of 7 days after results are published
Contacts: [email protected]/ 0708 705 7670
Download the CowbellPedia Past Questions & Answers
The Cowbellpedia Mathematics Examination in the previous years has been a very tough one. The Organizes has officially released questions from the past cowbell Competitions for Student in the Senior and Junior Category. The Latest cowbellpedia questions are below for you to download.
1. Has the 2020 Cowbellpedia Registration started?
CowbellPedia registration started on the 1st October, 2020.
Registration closes on the 3rd of February, 2020.
Cowbellpedia is for approved secondary schools. You are to register only students in JSS 3 and SS 2
It is absolutely free to register for CowbellPedia
NO, all you need do is log in with your correct username.
It is advisable to register via an online platform.
CowbellPedia National examination is coming up on the 9th of February, 2020.
See a full list of exam centers nationwide here. You can also view centers when you get to the point of registering your students and choosing a location.
Check your email for the verification of your email you registered with, without that you can’t continue with your log in.
The only required number to register is five (5) in each of the categories, making Ten (10) in all.
As soon as your registration is successful, download slip.
Reset your password with the forgot password button on the log in page.
To submit students form, highlight all candidates name before registering them.
Highlights only the five (5) students you would like to register.
Check the format in which the picture is saved and also make sure it is not larger than the required.
contact the help desk immediately for correction
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Mathematics Research Scholarship at Curtin University in Australia
- 50 Mathematics Scholarships For National and International Students
- Thomson Foundation Journalism Scholar Competition for Journalists, UK, 2020
- MTN Foundation Theatre for Schools Competition, 2020
- 2020 Wasafiri New Writing Prize
- Interswitch SPAK National Science Competition 2020
- Best 15 Ph.D. Scholarships in Physical Therapy 2020
- FrieslandCampina WAMCO Young Professionals Program For Nigerians 2020
- Chinese University Program Scholarships for International Students 2020
- Nordstrom Scholarship 2020
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition is available to students from the 10 to 18years of age attending an approved Private and Public Secondary
School in Nigeria.