Why You Should Study in North Cyprus
North Cyprus (TRNC) is the most easterly of the Mediterranean islands and the third largest in the area after Sicily and Sardinia. There are more than 63,000 university students from 131 different countries currently enrolled in 12 major universities in North Cyprus. For a quality education at affordable fees, North Cyprus is the choice that thousands of students make every year.
Benefits of Studying in North Cyprus
As a student here I have seen many of the benefits of studying here first hand.
- Firstly, the tuition fees are far cheaper compared to other Universities around the world.
- Courses are taught in English
- A wide variety of courses nursing, business, economics, engineering, law etc
- Free medical treatment. You get medical insurance provided by the government.
- Guaranteed 50% scholarship when you apply through us
- Visa free travel
- Qualified faculty members from all over the world
- Universities are accredited by YODAK (Turkish Higher Education Board)
You can expect to pay around 3000 euros every year for most of the Universities here.
Cost of living
For your living costs every month, budget on average 150-200usd. Be prepared to spend a bit more when you first arrive here in the first two months as a lot of things will come up.
There are a number of jobs available on campus. You’d need to firstly have quite a solid GPA and then apply to on-campus offices. The pay ranges from 300-600TL (100-200$) for Student Assistants and Part-time research assistants and about 1200TL(400 – 500$) for Full-time research assistants.
There are also off-campus jobs. Some might pay 5TL per hour and some are hotels who pay monthly. The salary at such hotels is about 1500TL(500$) per month. Transportation is usually provided for hotel jobs.