Why You Should Study in North Cyprus
Why you should study in north Cyprus is what an understanding of it will help clear your doubt that choosing to study in North Cyprus is not and can never be a waste of time and resources. Apart from the quality education at affordable fees which universities in Cyprus offers they also help their citizens and international students in so many aspect.
So, Why not sit down and carefully read this post without skipping any line and you will be glad you didnt miss this opportunity .
North Cyprus (TRNC) is the most easterly of the Mediterranean islands and the third largest in the area after Sicily and Sardinia. There are more than 63,000 university students from 131 different countries currently enrolled in 12 major universities in North Cyprus. For a quality education at affordable fees, North Cyprus is the choice that thousands of students make every year.
Benefits of Studying in North Cyprus
As a student here I have seen many of the benefits of studying here first hand.
- Firstly, the tuition fees are far cheaper compared to other Universities around the world.
- Courses are taught in English
- A wide variety of courses nursing, business, economics, engineering, law, etc
- Free medical treatment. You get medical insurance provided by the government.
- Guaranteed 50% scholarship when you apply through us
- Visa-free travel
- Qualified faculty members from all over the world
- Universities are accredited by YODAK (Turkish Higher Education Board)
You can expect to pay around 3000 euros every year for most of the Universities here.
North Cyprus Universities offer affordable tuition and fees as well as accommodation charges, whilst North Cyprus offers moderate living expenses. Estimated average living expenses for international students are 350-600 USD per month.
Cost of living
Food and drinks bought from shops instead of eating out in restaurants can significantly be cheaper. An individual gets to spend around 100 USD every week for grocery items and beverages. All other shopping items, as well as services, are also very affordable in North Cyprus.
Just to give you a broad idea, a haircut costs around 5 USD for men and 10 USD for women; a can of coke costs less than 1 USD and a Burger King meal costs around 5 USD. All in all, North Cyprus offer very affordably living conditions for students and this is among the top reasons why Cyprus is fast becoming a student hub for students from many different countries and cultures.
For your living costs every month, budget on average 150-200usd. Be prepared to spend a bit more when you first arrive here in the first two months as a lot of things will come up.
There are a number of jobs available on campus. You’d need to first have quite a solid GPA and then apply to on-campus offices. The pay ranges from 300-600TL (100-200$) for Student Assistants and Part-time research assistants and about 1200TL(400 – 500$) for Full-time research assistants.
There are also off-campus jobs. Some might pay 5TL per hour and some are hotels who pay monthly. The salary at such hotels is about 1500TL(500$) per month. Transportation is usually provided for hotel jobs.
Below is a list of Universities in North Cyprus
- Cyprus International University
- Eastern Mediterranean University
- European University of Lefke
- Girne American University
- Istanbul Technical University – North Cyprus Campus
- Middle East Technical University – North Cyprus Campus
- Near East University
- University of Mediterranean Karpasia
- Cyprus Science University
- University of City Island
- University of Kyrenia
- Arkin University of Creative Arts and Design (ARUCAD)
Why you should study in north Cyprus is what an understanding of it will help clear your doubt that choosing to study in North Cyprus is not and can never be a waste of time and resources. This article gives you an insight into what you can gain.