SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
- The 2017 CGAP Photo Contest is open to all photographers who are at least 18 years old. (The operational team of CGAP, the World Bank Group, and their immediate families are excluded from participating.)
Up to 20 photographs may be submitted per person. Entries may be entered by uploading digital files.
Each photo submission must be accompanied by a brief caption, describing the activity or situation depicted, the date, location and country where the photo was taken, and where appropriate the name of the person(s) photographed. (See below).
- Be the original work of the entrant and shot in the last two years.
- Treat all subjects with respect and dignity.
- Respect the rights, sensitivities, and culture of communities and/or persons depicted, including the subject’s right to consent to being photographed.
- Fairly represent the situation, subject’s identity and physical location of the image, without alteration (other than standard photographic techniques for optimization, including removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast, etc.)
Grand Prize Winner
US$2000 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
US $500 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories:
- Innovations in Digital Finance: From paying school fees to buying solar energy, digital finance is a means for achieving broader development goals. Show us innovative ways people are using digital finance to improve their lives.
- Building Sustainable Livelihoods: Savings, credit and insurance provide poor people with a wider range of tools to help manage their economic lives. Show how poor people are building more resilient lives.
- Creating Opportunities for People in Crisis: War, conflict and natural disasters are forcing record numbers of people worldwide from their homes. Show how people coping with humanitarian crises conduct their economic and financial lives.
- Connecting People and Services: By 2020, three quarters of the world’s population are expected to be connected to mobile networks. Show us how digital technologies are reaching excluded groups, such as women and youth, and expanding people’s opportunities.
US$500 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories:
- Middle East and North Africa: In Arab countries, 71 percent of adults are financially excluded, one of the highest levels in the world, according to CGAP research. Women are far less likely than men to have a bank account. Show the financial lives of people in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Latin America and Caribbean: Close to one third of adults make mobile payments in this region and account ownership is rising. Show how financial inclusion makes a difference for people living in Latin American and the Caribbean.
Winners for photographs taken in each of the following regions also will be awarded a US$300 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories:
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- South Asia
- East Asia and Pacific
Judges’ Honorable Mention:
Judges may select up to 8 winners to receive US$250 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
People’s Choice Winner
US$100 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
Voting for the People’s Choice Award begins on September 30 and ends October 6, 2017.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm US EDT on 29 September 2017.
- Voting for the People’s Choice Award begins at 12:00am US EDT on 30 September 2017 and ends 11:59pm US EDT on 6 October 2017.
- Digital images or scans of prints may be uploaded. Original files of camera-made digital photos may not exceed five megabytes (5 MB). CGAP cannot be responsible for lost, damaged, late or misdirected entries, or for faulty uploading connections, garbled transmissions, unauthorized intervention, or technical malfunctions.
- Judges will include professional photographers and photo editors.
- Entries will be judged on subject matter relevance, originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit.
- The story behind the photo may influence the judges’ decisions. Decisions made by the judges are final.
- All entries may be used by CGAP in printed publications, on any CGAP web asset, in a CGAP slideshow, or in any other CGAP-produced media.
- CGAP may copy and display photographs in any country, provided that all uses are accompanied by appropriate attribution to the photographer.
- CGAP shall have the right to verify, in its sole judgment, winner eligibility. A selection of winning photos may be featured on CGAP’s websites – www.cgap.org and microfinancegateway.org – and in exhibitions at the World Bank in Washington, D.C., and other prestigious venues.
For More Information: