Are you a U.S high school student? do you want to learn how to code and win an award by creating your own applications? The Congressional App Challenge is for you.
The challenge brings a lot of benefits. If you meet the requirements, take advantage of this opportunity, and apply it.
About The Congressional App Challenge
The Congress App Challenge (CAC) aims to encourage U.S high school students to learn how to code by creating their own applications.
The challenge is to showcase the value of computer science and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) education and encourage the nation’s young programming talent, Congress hopes to shine a light on the growing importance of these skills.
The winners in each district will have the honor of being recognized by their Congressional representative.
The (CAC) is coordinated by the Congressional Internet Caucus and the non-governmental sponsor of the project, the Internet Education Foundation.
- Each district may provide prizes to district winners. A Member office may provide authorized gifts or awards of nominal value as part of the app competition. Gifts authorized by the Members’ Handbook include certificates, folders, and frames of nominal value.
- If the participating Member decides to host an awards ceremony, finalists will get the chance to present their apps to Judges, Congressional staffers, and community leaders. The winning app in each district will be featured on the House.gov website and the CongressionalAppChallenge.us website.
- If the winner is not able to attend the district awards ceremony, the prize will be mailed to the winner’s address within 45 days of receipt of the signed affidavit(s) of eligibility and liability/publicity release(s) form(s).
Eligibility For The Congressional App Challenge:
- There is no age minimum, but students are not allowed to participate after they’ve graduated from high school.
- Students are only allowed to compete in Congressional districts that are participating.
- Students are allowed to participate as individuals, or as teams of up to four. If you are participating as part of the team. At least two of your teammates must be eligible to participate in the district in which you wish to compete.
Level/Field of Study
The Challenge is open to high school students.
The Congressional App Challenge 2021 is hosted in the United States. There are other US Scholarships available for International students in 2021. You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems.
The Congressional App Challenge 2021 is open to only high school in the United States.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
How to Apply ?
- You must register to participate. Within 3 business days of registering, you will receive an email with your/your team’s Submission-ID Number. You must save the Submission ID Number.
- To register, you’ll need:
- Your home’s 9-digit zip code
- Your school’s 9-digit zip code
- The name of your Member of Congress, your state, and the district number
- (Teams: You will need this information for all teammates.)
- The candidates can register through the given link:
Each Contestant will be required to provide the following as part of a complete Submission:
- App Information. Students will be asked to answer a series of questions including:
- Title of the app
- The coding language used
- Description: What they were trying to accomplish and why (350 characters max.)
- An explanation of a difficulty they faced in programming the app and how it was overcome. (1500 characters max.)
- What improvements the students would make if they were going to create a version 2.0 of their app. (750 characters max.)
- Demonstration Video. Students must create a demonstration video, no more than 1 to 3 minutes.
- The video must be posted on YouTube, Vimeo, or a similar publicly accessible forum. The video must be accessible to watch online.
- The student must provide the link on the submission form.
- Videos that are longer than 3 minutes will not be disqualified, but they will be penalized per the judges’ discretion.
- Teams: The app only needs to be submitted once by a member of the team.
- App Requirements:
- All submissions must be in English.
- An individual may appear on only one entry, either alone or as part of a team.
- Submissions must not be indecent, defamatory, in obvious bad taste, demonstrate a lack of respect for public morals or conduct or adversely affect the reputation of congressional districts.
Application Deadline For The Congressional App Challenge 2021:
The “Competition Submission Period” will be closed at 12:00 PM (noon) Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) November 2, Yearly.
Link for More Information:
For more information on the Congressional App Challenge 2021
If you still can’t find some information you need, email them at studentsupport-at-congressionalappchallenge.us.
- Redfin Scholarship 2021 l Apply Now
- Money Metals Exchange Scholarship 2021
- $4000 Solutionreach scholarship 2021 in USA
- Ongoing War Orphans Scholarship 2021-2022
- Great Lakes National Scholarship 2021-2022
- Homer Fund Orange Scholars Scholarship 2021
- Palumbo Family Foundation Scholarship 2021-2022
- Fully Funded ISE Undergraduate Scholarship for Foreign Students in Thailand, 2021
- 20 Postgraduate Scholarships for Zimbabweans in Uk 2021
- 20 Data Science Scholarship 2021