Commonwealth Scholarships are available for students from Sierra Leona to pursue a masters program in University of Oxford, for the academic session 2019/2020. Only eligible persons will be considered for this program. The Scholarship is totally Sponsored by the UK Government. This help students from Sierra Leona achieve their dreams educationally. Applicants are to ensure that they comply with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification.
What You need to know about Commonwealth Scholarship
The Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the UK Department for International Development (DFID) to support students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom. The Commonwealth Scholarships are intended for students from developing Commonwealth countries who want to pursue Masters and Ph.D. study in the UK.
These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). Each Scholarship provides airfare to and from United Kingdom, tuition and examination fees, personal maintaining allowance, thesis grant (if applicable), an initial arrival allowance, among others.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) awards over 800 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development to Commonwealth citizens each year.
The CSC aims to contribute to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, support excellence in UK higher education, and sustain the principles of the Commonwealth. Candidates are selected on the basis of merit and their potential to contribute to the needs of their home countries.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Level/Field of study:
The scholarships are available for pursuing Masters programme in any field of study.
The scholarship is hosted by the University of Oxford UK
Scholarship is open to international students from Sierra Leona.
These opportunities has value that includes course fees, college fees and a grant for living costs of at least £12,780.
The number of offers are not specified
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Hold a first degree at either first class or upper second class level;
- Be nationals of a Sierra Leona and not at present living or studying in a developed country;
- Have not undertaken studies lasting one year or more in a developed country;
- Be able to confirm in writing that neither they nor their families are able to pay for them to study in the UK.
- Be willing to return to their home country as soon as their award comes to an end (the Commission will only consider requests to extend leave to remain in the UK post-award for those wishing to progress from Master’s to PhD study and strict conditions will apply).
To be considered for this scholarship, submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline (8 or 19 January 2018, depending on your course). If you meet initial eligibility criteria, you will also be asked to complete an application form produced by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
A notice will be posted on the scholarship webpage once successful candidates have been notified.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date.
What are the basic things I need to know before applying for UK student visa in Sierra Leone
The Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa is for students who intend to undertake any post-16 education at a United Kingdom institution in a full-time course. The Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa is flexible and allows students to participate in both short and long term courses of at least 6 months in duration.
To qualify, students must have a confirmed offer of enrolment from a licensed education provider (sponsor), be able to maintain and accommodate themselves (or be maintained and accommodated by a host) while they are studying and show that they are able to pay their course fees.
Tier 4 – Student (Adult) Visa Basic Requirements
The UK Home Office has set specific requirements that all applicants must meet in order to apply for a Student visa under the Tier 4 (Adult) category.
Applicants will be required to show that they have been accepted into a recognised course of study at an approved UK institution, licensed by the UK Home Office. Applicants will also be required to provide evidence that they have sufficient funds (maintenance) available to support themselves whilst in the UK without undertaking employment, other than part time and vacation work permitted for adult students.
Tier 4 – Student (Adult) Visa Entitlements
Successful applicants will be granted a visa in line with the length of their initial course of study.
The Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa offers the student the benefit of developing an educational base in the UK while being permitted to work between 10 to 20 hours per week during term periods, depending on the course of study. Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa holders are permitted to work full time during vacation periods without seeking further permission from the UK Home Office.
In some instances, graduate level students may be able to switch into a working visa category that could lead to settlement in the UK.
How do I apply and obtain a UK study visa in Sierra Leone
To apply for a UK visa in Sierra Leone you need to:
Apply online and follow the instructions to:
- pay your fee
- book your appointment
You have the option to pay your fee online using a credit card when making your application. Alternatively, you can make payment in cash when attending your appointment at the visa application center.
Your appointment will be at the British Embassy in Freetown – here you will:
- submit your application form and supporting documents
- have your photo and fingerprints (known as ‘biometric information’) taken
British High Commission Freetown
6 Spur Road Freetown
- Email: [email protected]
- General enquiries:+232 (0) 78200190
- Consular enquiries:+232 (0) 99 801 493 or +44 (0) 1908 516 666
- General consular enquiries email: [email protected]
- Access and opening times
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
- Chevening scholarships for Libyans 2019-2020
- CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS IN GHANA 2019-2020
- RHODES SCHOLARSHIP FOR EAST AFRICAN STUDENTS 2019
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries, 2019
- Chevening Scholarships for Zimbabwe Students, 2019
- Chevening Scholarship for Bhutanese 2019-2020
- Chevening Scholarships for Zambians Students 2019-2020
- APPLY For British Chevening Scholarships 2019-2020
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.
Commonwealth Scholarships are available for students from Sierra Leona to pursue a masters program, for the academic session 2019/2020. APPLY NOW