Applications for the Commonwealth Fellowships for 2020 are now open. The Commonwealth Career Scholarships are aimed at middle-aged professionals in low and middle-income Commonwealth countries who spend between six weeks and three months in a professional development program in a UK organization.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the Commonwealth Fellowship Scheme offers talented and motivated professionals the opportunity to improve their knowledge and skills in their sector.
To provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
These Commonwealth Fellowship Programs are offered under six themes of development:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthen health systems and capacities
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening world peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and crisis response
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
In this post, We have put down information about this scholarship and how you can apply.
So what are you expected to do?
Carefully read this post word to word without just skimming through. You can as well check the table of content below to get an overview of all we have wrapped up in this post.
About Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2020
- Returned air ticket approved from the country of origin of the fellow in the United Kingdom
- Aid (housing allowance) to be paid monthly (or proportionate) of GBP 1,656 per month or GBP 2,055 per month for persons working in organizations in Greater London (prices) at levels 2020 to 2021).
In exceptional cases, a peripatetic allowance may be paid depending on the program. Further details will be provided at the time of the offer.
- Aid for arrivals of up to £ 931.10 at prevailing prices, including warm clothing and reimbursement of visa application fees.
- A lump sum of £ 800 for the management and support of the hosting organization’s scholarship holders, the setting up of appropriate meetings, the required materials and the travel expenses of the fellow at the time of the award (payable to the hosting organization) upon receipt of an invoice
- For grants of less than 2 months, a fee of £ 2,000 will be accepted, for three-month grants up to £ 3,000 (to be paid to the host organization upon receipt of the bill).
Duration of scholarship:
Typically 3-months but could be extended to 6-months.
Eligibility for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2020
- Applicants must be citizens of a qualifying Commonwealth country or have acquired refugee status or be a protected UK person.
- Staying permanently in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- They normally have at least five years of relevant professional experience in a profession relating to the subject matter of the application at the proposed start of the price.
- Be ready to start your scholarship in a timely manner, as stated on the CSC website.
- Have not completed a Commonwealth Research Fellowship in the past five years;
- Do not try to do a university research or study program in the UK. Academics are eligible to participate in the program, but may only conduct university management programs, no research or courses on their research topic.
Level / Field of Study
The CSC is keen to encourage creative and flexible applications for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships from a wide range of sectors – professional, charitable, public, and private. Priority will be given to applications with practical relevance in the following broadly defined areas:
The program is only available for Students from Developing Commonwealth countries.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from the commonwealth fellowship scheme, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Fellowship Programs 2020
Applications must be made using the CSC online application system.
A representative of all organizations wishing to apply must register to use our new online system. As part of this process, the CSC will conduct audits to determine if each organization has the capacity and resources to host a professional researcher.
To register, potential host organizations should write to the CSC on their organization’s letterhead, providing the following information:
- The full name and email address of the person authorized by the organization to submit the application, as well as the full name and email address of the person who will act as the main contact for CSC if the scholarship materializes.
- Details of the state of the organization (for example, limited liability company, charity, etc.)
- A link to a copy of the last accounts of the organization registered in Companies House and/or the Charity Commission or (if the organization is not a company limited by guarantee or charity) a copy The last audited accounts of the organization.
- Details of any financing received by the organization of the Department of International Development (DFID)
* UK universities and NHS Trusts do not need to provide this information
These letters should be sent by email to email@example.com
Once we have set up a host organization in the online system, we will email you the instructions on how to submit the application.
The application process
The application process is carried out in three stages:
- Once registered to use the online system, a representative of the host organization must complete the Host Request Form. The deadline to send the welcome form is Friday, November 2, at 4:00 p.m.
- Scholarship applications will open on Monday, November 12. Information about the host programs available through the program in 2020 will be made available to the scholarship holders on our website, as well as an online application form (We will inform applicants as soon as the application form for the fellows is opened.
- The deadline for the submission of proposals by members is Monday, December 3. Once the deadline to receive requests and references of the members is over, we will upload all the requests sent to each host organization in a folder located in Huddle, so that the latter can evaluate them and finalize their selection. The selections must be made to the Commission through Huddle. Full instructions on the use of Huddle will be given.
Once the selections have been made, the successful host organizations will be invited to send a personalized program for each fellow as part of the requested immigration documents. Therefore, we suggest that candidates keep a copy of the program included in their application for a more detailed adaptation if necessary.
- Once the closing date for Fellows’ applications and references has passed your application will be shared with the Host organization you have applied to in order for them to review all applications and select the candidates they wish to put forward to the Commission.
- The Commission will make the final selections of Host organization programs and individual Fellows.
Commonwealth Fellowship Programs 2020 Application Deadline
The closing date for submission of the Host form is 4 pm on Friday 2 November 2020. They must be available at the dates specified by the host organization.
Applications for Fellows will open on Monday 12 November
The closing date for submission by Fellows is Monday 3 December
Applications must be for fellowships starting between 15 April and 17 June (later start dates cannot be agreed)
All scholarships must begin between April 15 and June 17. Check the exact dates with the potential host.