Entries are curently beem submitted for the Commonwealth Masters and PhD Scholarships in New Zealand 2018/2019, applicants are reminded to ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification
About the Award:
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.
- Caribbean: Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Asia (Other): Bangladesh, India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- Pacific: Cook Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
To be taken at (country):
Applicants must meet the following conditions to be eligible for a New Zealand Scholarship:
- Be a member of a Commonwealth country
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.)
- Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed programme of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship.
- Not have been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Seek a qualification that will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country
- Commit to return to your country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of your scholarship.
How to Apply:
The application process for a New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship is different to other New Zealand Scholarships. Applicants must submit their applications to their country’s ‘Nominating Agency’ first. The Nominating Agency then ‘nominates’ two applicants from the submitted applications to send to the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Read the Commonwealth section of the How to Apply page carefully before you submit an application.
28th March 2018
Important Notes: only applications studying within your country priority sectors will be considered.