Are you worried about how to get a grant to fund your regional or international workshop 2020? Worry No More! Commonwealth Foundation Grant Program 2020 is here to give you all you want.
Currently, Commonwealth Foundation is organizing a Grant program for civil Society Organisations who are planning a regional or international workshop or an exchange visit to another NGO or project, but you are in need of grant support.
This Civil Society Responsive Grants worths up to £200,000. Note, this sum is over four years in support of innovative project ideas and approaches that seek to strengthen the ability of civic voices to engage with governments and that have the potential to improve governance and development outcomes through their active participation.
This article gives you insight on what you need to know about the Grant including the deadline to enable you to apply before then because any application submitted after the due date will not be considered.
- About Commonwealth Foundation
- What is Commonwealth Foundation Grant about?
- How much is this Grant Program worth?
- Eligibility for the Commonwealth Foundation Grant Program
- Commonwealth Foundation Grant Program 2020 Application Procedures
- Commonwealth Foundation Grant Program 2020 application Deadline
- Commonwealth Foundation Grant FAQs
- Editor’s Recommendations
About Commonwealth Foundation
The Commonwealth Foundation is an inter-governmental organization supported by Commonwealth governments to provide support towards strengthening of civil society for sustainable development, democracy, and intercultural learning within the commonwealth countries.
Further, It has a grantmaking program for NGOs specifically for supporting activities that involve intercultural exchange: such as short training courses, workshops, seminars, conferences, cultural festivals, exchanges and study visits in other Commonwealth countries.
Note, the Civil Society Responsive Grant program of the Foundation is specifically for NGOs in Commonwealth developing countries.
What is Commonwealth Foundation Grant about?
The Foundation offers grants of up to £200,000 over four years in support of innovative project ideas and approaches that seek to strengthen the ability of civic voices to engage with governments and that have the potential to improve governance and development outcomes through their active participation.
The Foundation believes in the power of stories and storytelling for social change and will award grants for creative approaches that have the potential to influence public discourse.
The selection process is highly competitive and selected projects will have been designed to undertake work that has the potential to lead to one or more of the outcomes in the Foundation’s strategic logic model.
The Foundation’s program teams are all involved in shaping the focus of the call for proposals.
An internal review process, including long-listing by the Grants team followed by a shortlisting process involving all program teams, prepares a final list of applications that is then submitted to the Grants Committee.
Final decisions on which projects to support are made by the member states represented on the Foundation’s Grants Committee.
How much is this Grant Program worth?
The Commonwealth Foundation award Grants of up to £200,000 to the winners.
Eligibility for the Commonwealth Foundation Grant Program
To be eligible for this Foundation Grant program, the applicant or partner must meet up with the following:
Level / Field of Study
Commonwealth Foundation Grant focuses on the following areas to support projects that strengthen civic voice so that it :
- Is more effective in holding governance institutions to account
- Enhances involvement in policy processes
- Shapes public discourse
Your project should address one or both of the following outcomes and may include the use of the creative expression to achieve project aims:
1. Stronger civic voices engaging in policy processes to hold the government to account:
Your project will strengthen the capacity of civic voices in contributing to:
- Monitoring government commitments and action
- Supporting the implementation of the sustainable development goals or other international agreements, and related local and national policy agendas
- Advocating policy priorities to government that address gender and other power imbalances, disparities, and discrimination
- Strengthening participatory methods of engaging in regional national and local governance processes
- Raising awareness and advocating for specific policy issues
2. Public discourse more reflective of less-heard voices
- Your project will support less heard voices to contribute to public discourse on development issues
- Your project will support less heard voices to access policy spaces and/or platforms with the potential to amplify voices and influence public discourse
This grant program is hosted by the Commonwealth Foundation.
Below are the eligible countries that can apply for this Commonwealth Foundation Grant Program:
Commonwealth Foundation Grant Program 2020 Application Procedures
To start your registration click on the button below to download the Grant Guidelines Download the grant guidelines
Note, you can send any question in regards to this grant to email@example.com
Furthermore, the applicant will provide the following documents as part of the application:
Now, in case you are having issues with the downloading from the link above you can download each file individually with the link below
Commonwealth Foundation Grant Program 2020 application Deadline
The deadline for applications is 9 January 2020 at 5pm GMT.
Please note that the Foundation will be closed the week of 23 December 2019 and will reopen on 3 January 2020. During that time, we will be unable to respond to any queries.
And also, all questions will, therefore, need to be sent by close of business on 20 December 2019.
Commonwealth Foundation Grant FAQs
What is Commonwealth Foundation Grant?
Commonwealth Grant is a grant for civil Society Organisations who are planning a regional or international workshop or an exchange visit to another NGO or project, but you are in need of grant support.
When is the due date for submitting application?
The due date is 9th of january 2020
How can I get the commonwealth grant guidelines?
You can Download grant guidelines and criteria at https://commonwealthfoundation.com/download-file/8579/